30. The Nightmare I Lived

Happy, Happy Birthday maniknandini1 , this one is for you (I was going to post this yesterday but couldn't complete the last part)

(a/n:- changing Mahi's name from Mahi to Myra)

~•~

M A N I K

"Hey, Nandini... you need to wake up!"

"Come on baby please wake up!"

"Nandini!"

There was darkness everywhere around me, the operation theatre lights were off as I stood near her lifeless body, trying to hold her hand.

There has to be some way to save her.

You can't leave me, Nandini.

"No baby! You have to wake up for our kids. Come on Nandini, you always wanted to be a mother! Get up Nandini, your kids need you!" I broke down in front of her lying body.

She looked so pale, dull, motionless, everything here was my worst fear.

"Nandini, I saved the kids because you wanted me to. But this bargain isn't about letting you go, please wake up, baby" I cried.

"I'm still like a baby without you. I don't know anything. I can't find a single thing in my house, in my office until you give it to me. You can't be so selfish, Nandini. You have to come back for me, jaan. You have to stay with me. You can't just come in my life whenever you want, turning it and making it beautiful and then leave because you're tired of everything. You have to stay jaan, stay with me. I'm not letting go of you so easily", I held her hand tightly as I sat in front of her, and she still remained still.

"If I can fight death for us, why can't you?" I held her face in my hand, rubbing my palm to her cheeks.

"Nandini, you know what, mein tumhe warn kar raha hu. If you don't get up within the next ten minutes na, toh mein dusri shaadi kar lunga. Yes! I swear I will get married again and then your kids wouldn't be yours anymore, they will be her kids. And see, I will fall in love with someone else. Phir tum kitna bhi gussa karlo, nothing will be changed. Isliye I am saving you from a lot of regret, uth jao tum abhi hi!" I shook her angrily but she still remained the same. Calm, quiet, and pale, still.

"You know, I am still the monster. Tum meri baat sunke bhi sun nahi rahi ho? How dare you ignore me? Get up once and dekho mein kya karta hu. Just get up once, Nandini, jaan please wake up. I'm missing you so much and this is killing me, the very thought of living a lifetime without you is killing me, Nandini. Please wake up, baby. Please get up!" I begged and that monster did not even budge. She still slept like a fucking sleeping beauty and ignored my pleads.

The doctor re entered the room and got shocked looking at us. "Is this an emergency room or a family seminar?" He scolded, walking towards me.

"Mr. Malhotra, you need to move out, please let the doctors do this our way," he requested politely trying to hold me but I pushed him away.