33. My Happiness (Part B)

M A N I K

"Paapaa, I want to go to daadi house today! Can we go together?" Aarav asked as I carried both of them in my arms to the living room after our water playing session.

"Ofcourse baby! After school pakka, now go get dressed jaldhi!" I ordered and both of them looked at each other with naughty smirks.

I squeezed my eyebrows at them. What was happing?

"Kiara, is their tiffin box ready?" I shouted keeping them both on the sofa with my suspicious face still in and Myra kept her hand on her face to hide her giggle.

Kiara, their caretaker, emerged from the kitchen pursing her lips as it trying to not laugh too and I looked at the the three of them, from one to another and they all suppressed their laughs as I glared.

"What is it?" I asked in a slow but demanding voice, folding my arms against my chest.

"Paapaa, it's eight - o - clock!" Myra huffed and I stared at her.

"So?" I asked, confused.

"We are already one hour late for school!" Aarav said hardly being able to suppress his laughter anymore and both of them burst out laughing, falling on the couch.

I sighed, shutting my eyes tightly as I tried my best to not smile.

"Sir, you and the kids were for shower since the past one hour!" Kiara informer politely as she disappeared into the kitchen again and I rubbed my chin, smiling embarrassingly.

"MANIK MALHOTRA!!" There was a roar behind me and I closed my eyes tightly, already scared of the consequences.

I had just one job, that is to send them to School and look how I failed. Now I have no other option than being prepared for the tigress coming my way.

"It's eight! What are Myra and Aarav doing at home? Why are they not at school?" She shouted running downstairs and I rubbed my palms to my chin, trying to find excuses but all in vain.

"You awakened the monster, daddy!" Myra poked my arm and I smiled at her softly, unable to hide my fear while Aarav pouted his lips looking up and down innocently,

I closed my eyes, already surrendering.

Her foot steps got louder and before I knew, she tapped on my back while I turned around giving her a charming smile which once made her skip a heart beat.

"If you're thinking you will flash your breathtaking smile and I'll let this go, you're totally wrong Manik!" She was angry. She folded her arms across her chest and I immediately hid the thirty two teeth smile I was giving her.

"Mommy is scolding daddy!" Aarav whisper lAugHeD looking at Myra and I glared at both of them, as they shut up.

"What are they doing at home?" She questioned and I decided to go with the truth.

" I thought of sending them to School since you were tired but they got me into a water fight and time passed by and I didn't realise and I know you will scold me but I promise this wouldn't happen again just forgive me this one time and I swear it's not their fault so don't shout at them instead you can shout at me but I really didn't do it intentionally please—..," my trail of apology was stopped when she walked towards me, her hands wrapped around my body and she kept her head on my chest.

"I missed you," she whispered closing her eyes. I sighed smiling softly as I engulfed her into the hug.

"I'm sorry," I replied back.

"Why?" She asked breaking part and I shrugged.

"For everything, for everytime I made a mistake and for everything you forgive me," I whispered and she smiled softly, rubbing her eyes.

"Not sending them to school isn't a big mistake Manik, it's fine," she smiled softly and I wish I could tell her why I really was sorry.

"Okay," I chose not to explain.

"I love you, and I'm sorry for last night," she stood an inch away from me and I cupped her face in my palms.

"I should be the one who is sorry," I replied, holding her close.

"Why?" She asked confused. Had she had a memory loss?

"Kids, go eat your breakfast," I broke away from her and they both nodded, leaving the television remote they were fidgeting with and ran into the dining room as Kiara carried their breakfast inside.

"Back to what we were talking," I held her close again, pushing her hair strands behind her ear.

"Yes, im Sorry," her head hung down. I traced her face with my finger, pushing it up to face me.

"Never look away if you're taking to me," I informed and she nodded.

"I was very irrelevant last night Manik, I blamed you for things you haven't done and you never could. I asked you if you don't love m anymore, Manik. That is so lame of me," she sighed.

"I made a mistake too. Maybe I should have told you the thing earlier," I told her and my eyes involuntarily flicker to her womb and immediately back to her face.

Her hand reached her stomach too, her eyes lowered but immediately sparkled again.

"No Manik, I know you were only trying to protect me, to not make me sad. I should have been more considerate. Forgive me?" She smiled and I stared at her without blinking.

What was she made of? So caring? So selfless?

"Nandini, you know, this is just making me so much more guilty," I confessed honestly.

"You don't need to, Manik. Infact I should say thank you. You hid it from all of us. You saved me from so much pain. And also, you kept it to yourself. You suffered alone for so long and did not even let any of us get a hint. My pain is so momentary, just as pricking as an injection. It come with a wave and that's how it will go. But you've been facing all of this alone Manik. Thank you for being the protector of our love, our family, our marriage Manik," she smiled as she tip toed and kissed my cheek.

Unknowingly, a smile spread on my lips as I held her waist.

"You know, god has given me an angel in the form of you, right?" I couldn't stop smiling again at all.

"Whenever I look at you, opposites attract is proved right. Look at you, all calm and considerate. And look at me, impulsive and angry always. Maybe we were meant to be, always," I smiled kissing her forehead and she giggled.

Last night, I thought I had lost this laughter of hers because of my stupid mistakes. But she makes everything right.

It just makes me glad how every pain is temporary. Every dark phase, no matter how much sadness it brings, ultimately passes away because it is just a phase. Every dark night will ultimately lead to a beautiful morning.

Some problems might last more than the others. But ultimately, it has to end.

"Maybe? Matlab tumhe abhi tak doubt hai?" She teased and I laughed.

Nodding negatively and lifting her face, I placed my lips on her, calmly feeling what I had missed the most in all the months I stayed away.

"Was this an answer enough?" I asked and she laughed nodding negatively, trying to run away.

"Achaaa!" I replied huskily as I picked her up, tickling her and her laugh just increased.

"Manik leave me! Monster!!" She laughed louder and I did exactly the opposite. I held her even closer to me, and her laugh filled my heart with warmth and happiness.

~•~

I'm sorry for not updating for a long time. We get back to regular updates now. Please drop in your feedback's. Thank you! xx