Bonus Chapter 3A

Bonus Chapter 3
(Short Story)
name: Sweetheart

Characters:

- Kaira
[ Daughter of Mukti and Zubin ]

- Ishaan
[ Son of Aliya & Dhruv ]

- Krishh
[ To those who don't remember him, he's Myra's senior. He played a part in Myra-Abeer's story, and is one of the major characters of this story. ]

- Nisha
[ New Character. Kaira's old friend from Interior Designing. ]

~~~~~~~~

K A I R A

I stared at the waves of the ocean crashing against the black rocks on bandstand as I took a sip of the starbucks' coffee in my right hand.

A hundred thoughts ran across my mind at the same time, but all of them centred just around one thing.

Heart break.

I believe everyone has their one problems in life. Never judge someone until you're in their shoes.

In case of Myra, it was obvious. The way Abeer affected her. His absence made her mad, but his presence made her even crazier. And I knew Abeer better than the others after he left to London. He always had a thing for Myra too. The way he used to flinch when I used to mention about Krishh to him, the way he used to hide how desperate he was to meet her everytime he came to India. They were pretty much meant to be.

But for Ruhaana, who knew... she and Aarav? Ruhaana has always been really good at hiding what she feels, just like me. She never even hinted in all these years that she and Aarav has a thing or if she still felt anything for him. And in a way, Aarav liked her just as much.

And I was the reason they suffered.

I mean, I know what you're thinking. At the end, if they're together, then what they've been through doesn't matter and blah blah blah... which is right to a lot of extent.

It didn't matter to them.

But it did matter to me.

Because I played a key role in their story.

They're best friends or going on dates or whatever.

But where am I in this?

No where. Absolutely no where.

Not that I mind. They're my best friends and I have to be happy for them.

But that doesn't change the fact that they both used me. Not intentionally, but they did. Aarav said he likes me just to hide his feelings for Ruhaana from her. It wasn't his fault that I heard. Ruhaana pushed Aarav towards me to ignore what she felt for him. It wasn't her fault that I churned up feelings towards him too.

I'm not blaming them. At all.

All I'm saying is, in all this, I started developing something for Aarav. And now I feel like a fool.

I am embarrassed for a lot of obvious reasons. And I hate how I let my heart fall again.

I like him.

And I am happy for both of them. Very happy. Atleast they finally found the peace they were looking for.

But it leaves me with two things.

First, guilt. Guilt for fucking up Ruhaana. She was always there for all of us. And she was right. I became so self indulged that I forgot she was there too. Because of me, she felt so ignored. She felt alone. And then because of me, she gave up on her feelings for Aarav.