Bonus Chapter 6C

Kaira's PoV

Waiting for the mehendi to dry was one of the most boring tasks I have done in a very long time, and especially when I was hungry... putting mehendi was the worst decision I could take.

I had thoughts on washing out the half dried mehendi from my hands and eat my food, but the fact that it was half-dried, and I'd have to stay with an orange mehendi.

"Are you hungry?" I heard a voice behind me and I looked up to see my father.

"How'd you know?" I asked my Dad as he slouched on the couch beside me. Both my bride bestfriend's were up on the stage. Ruhaana was enjoying the special treatment, while Myra was bored out of her senses.

If it was her choice, she'd choose a simple court marriage. She was just like Nandini Maa I'm her thoughts, simple– nothing out of the box that would draw attention.

Ruhaana, on the other hand, loved Manik Uncle's idea of a big fat wedding. According to her, you do it once– so you gotta do it right.

"I can see it on your face– that pout and frown and knitted eyebrows, ah. My baby is hungry, hmm?" He smiled. I nodded, whining like a little baby.

"Wait! Let me get the boys," he said. My eyes widened. Aarav, Abeer And Krishh got caught some time ago. Nandini Maa knew this would happen. Manik Uncle had supposedly sneaked in the same way during their wedding, and so had my father. They expected this.

So after a little apologies, they were allowed to stay, although the grooms had to be away from their brides. This meant, all three of them would nag me... and I was trying to get my distance from Krishh, so I'd ran into the mehendi, knowing they wouldn't follow me where the old gossipy ladies were at.

"Dad, no–," I stopped them but I was cut off when Aarav bolted ahead as if he was flash and sat with us.

"Yes, Uncle?" He grinned. I shut my eyes in frustration, mumbling curses.

"Kaira is realllly hungry," Dad stressed in a teasing tone, "So while I go and help my Mukti to eat, please ask Krishh to come and help his lady love."

"Of course uncle," Aarav winked and then turned back. "Aarav, I'm not hungry, please don't–," I started but I was cut off when he shouted for Abeer and Krishh, who instantly walked here.

There we go.

"Hmm?" Krishh asked, his eyes fixed at Aarav. He wouldn't even look at me. I simply looked away, giving a small smile to Dad, who got up and went on his way, and Abeer sat near me.

With Abeer near and Aarav opposite me, Krishh simply stood. "Kaira's hungry, I was wondering if you would make her eat because of the mehendi, yaa mujhe kisi aur ko bulana padega."

"I'll get her food," Krishh nodded, and the guilt in my heart rose again, higher than ever. "Krishh no–," I said but he just walked away to where the food was, leaving me sighing.

Was no one able to hear me today or what?

"I'll go check if Ruhaana and Myra want something," Abeer said, grinning. He just wanted a reason to go there and be able to entertain Myra, saving her from getting bored the way she was.

This was the kind of love I had hoped to have one day.

And I did get it, maybe one even better than theirs.

And I threw it all away.

I was the villain of my own love story.

"Ab bata," Aarav nudged, shifting next to me. The smile from his face vanished and I let my smile slip away too, my shoulders slumping. For a moment, I let the facade I was wearing fall.