26. Dreams Or Nightmares?

I hope you've checked out my new book on wattpad called Stars. If not, you know where to find it ;)

~•~

M A N I K

I smiled at my babies sleeping peacefully in their cots, sucking their thumbs. One boy, and one girl. Just like I had always imagined.

Both of them got their complexion from me, absolutely fair. My princess got her features from Nandini, that same round eyes, her nose from me, and the most perfect combination of me and Nandini formed her lips and other body structures. She was hardly a few hours old, but I already knew she was going to be beautiful.

And my champ was a duplicate of me. It was just like seeing a baby me sleeping, except his nose, which he got from Nandini.

I just smiled at both of them sleeping in peace, and turned behind to see my wife, who was already smiling at me.

"We're going to be the best parents ever!" She smiled as I put my arms across her and she kept her head on my chest, smiling.

"Hmm, and I need a promise from you. I'm not going to get up alone to send them to School. You have to get up with me, help in the house chores too, from their tiffins to getting them ready... everything, okay?" She warmed and I almost chuckled.

"They're not even a day old yet, you need to calm down baby!" I pecked her forehead and she snuggled more into my chest.

"It's so beautiful na Manik, from being your personal assistant, to being your wife and now a mother to your children. This is what I never expected from life, but you made it possible. Thank you!" She whispered and wiped away a tear drop.

"I should thank you. For a man who didn't know what love was, what family was, you gave me everything. You gave that man his family. Even an eternity of love and thank you's in return can never be enough." I smiled and she kissed our entwined hands.

"Manik!" She suddenly exclaimed, shocked and I looked down to her, worried as well.

"We will never let them be egoistic of the fact that they are Malhotra's, star kids. You are not going to pamper them more than any normal kids of their age. I want both my children to be down to Earth, knowing that life isn't easy to everyone, they will learn to be kind and beautiful by heart. Dare you pamper them with the wrong things!" She warmed me with anger and I raised my eyebrows at her. Already a mother, argh.

"Nandini, they're Manik Malhotra's kids. Why do you even think I have warmed this much money all my life? Of course to give them everything in the world before they even ask for. Everything that is mine is theirs. And no, we are not arguing at that point. My children will get whatever they wish for, even if it means snatching the stars and moons!," I argued back and she snarled.

Ofcourse we've had this discussion—..... argument before also. In fact, we have it everything this topic was removed. But none of us were bending down.

"I will not let you spoil them!" She warned.

"Stop being unreasonable Nandini, I know I don't have to spoil them. But that also doesn't mean I'm going to not give them things they deserve," I pointed out and she nodded her head in disbelief.

"What are we going to name them?" She whisper shouted with excitement playing in her eyes , diverting the topic completely.

"Well, I was very sure of my princess, so I've already decided her name. You decide your champs name!" I smiled selfishly and she growled.