Chapter one

«She....she didn't make it...I'm so very sorry, Jerome.» The psychologist said with a low insecure voice and he sounded quite nervous waiting for Jerome's response. He had been dreading this for days knowing he had to be the one to tell Jerome the bad news. Jerome sat there with his hands handcuffed to his back and he looked awful. Judging by the look of the dark circles he had around his eyes he probably hadn't slept for days as he had waited impatient for someone to tell him how Elena was doing, tell him if she would survive Theo's gunshot or not. It had been a week of torture, but now they finally told him.

After he was caught at the circus he was sent straight to Arkham and locked up in a dirty small cell, even worse than the last time he was there. He had been completely isolated and had no one to talk to. The minutes he had waited felt like hours, and the hours had felt like months. He had almost jumped onto the bars as the guards finally came back to get him after being locked up for a week with only seeing the lady who brought him his food. But of course she hadn't answer his questions as she had been ordered to by whoever. A thousand times he must had asked her how Elena's condition was, but she just ignored him just as the guards did while they dragged him over to the psychologist's office. He wanted to slit their throats, but knew he wanted to hear about Elena more, so he didn't. But he could.

He looked at the psychologist with a blank stare and his usual wide grin was now just a straight line on his lips. He was breathing, but very slowly. The psychologist cleared his throat and scratches the back of his head feeling uncomfortable by Jerome's emotionless stare and unusual behavior. He didn't even blink, he just kept..staring. But even tough he was staring right at him, is seemed like Jerome's mind had wandered into a whole other dimension. This was just what the psychologist had feared was going to happen.

"Jerome I know this are tragic news but...a..are you feeling well? You don't look too good." he stuttered and slightly leaned his body backwards to keep a some what safe distance. Jerome did not respond, he just kept staring like an emotionless robot. Logically the psychologist was getting very worried by his strange behavior, so he stood up and started to walk against the door.

"Don't worry Jerome, I'll get a docto...." he started saying, but was interrupted by the sudden sound of glass breaking. He flinched and quickly turned around to see that Jerome had somehow managed to uncuff himself so his hands were free. He had smashed the glass cup that said 'world's greatest dad' on it that had been standing on the desk and he was now holding a broken piece in his hand. His fist was tightening so hard around it that his skin got cut and blood was starting to drip off the glass and onto the floor. But he didn't even seem to care. He stood there breathing heavily and gritting his teeth.

"J...Jerome..p.please don't..." the psychologist stuttered in fear while slowly raising his hands. But before he could finish, Jerome swung his hand and cut his throat right open making the blood splash everywhere. His eyes widened and he threw his hand over his neck to try and stop the bleeding, but without any luck. He was loosing balance and used his other hand to try and catch himself from falling. Instead he fell down as he choked on his own blood. Jerome growled loudly and jumped on top of him as he started to stab him in the chest multiple times while screaming out loud, not caring who would hear him.

"NO! She can't be dead! YOU'RE LYING!" he cried out as he kept stabbing him, possibly for the fifteenth time already just in seconds. Two guards came running in and immediately tased Jerome so he started twitching as shock waves of electricity went threw his entire body. He was tackled down to the floor and he could not fight back as his muscles were cramping up and he groaned in pain. They put him in a straitjacket and threw him into the worst part in all off Arkham, solitary. There wasn't often they threw inmates down there, but in special cases like this, they had too. Jerome was going through a huge mental breakdown and was a danger to everyone around him.