Chapter sixteen

Elena and Jerome jumped into a van and Elena flinched as she was met by a guy with a scary mask and outfit. All you could see was his eyes peeking through two holes in the mask.

"Um, hi..." she said nervously.

"I'm Scarecrow." he said and Elena raised her eyebrow.

"Scarecrow? Yeah you look like one I'll tell you that. But what's your real name?" she asked. It wasn't easy to see, but she could tell he got a but surprised from her asking.

"Um, Jonathan. Jonathan Crane." he said and Elena smiled.

"Hi Jonathan, I'm Elena. Just, Elena." she said and shook his hand.

"Well, Elena. Are you ready to get the mad hatter?" Jonathan asked and smirked. They drove until they spotted a G.C.P.D prisoner transporter van. Jonathan pulled up behind it.

"Who's the mad hatter?" Elena asked Jerome.

"Just another lunatic. He's a very persuasive guy." Jerome said and smirked. Jonathan stepped on the gas and drove in front of the van before he hit the breaks forcing the van to stop. Jonathan stepped out of the car and Jerome looked at Elena with a grin.

"Let's go meet the mad man." he said and they got out of the van. A dark skinned man stepped out from the police van and he didn't look happy.

"Hey! What are you..." he started, but froze as soon as he laid eyes on them. Jonathan approached him and lifted his hand making a gas come out spraying in the man's face. He started coughing and as soon as he opened his eyes to look at Jonathan, he screamed. It was like he had never seen anything that scary in his entire life. So he ran off and Jerome just let him.

"Don't have time to chase him now. Plenty of time for that later." Jerome said and walked around to the back of the truck ripping the doors open. On the inside sat Jervis. His mouth had a mask over it so he couldn't talk and his hands and feet we're cuffed. He was shaking of excitement as he saw Jerome.

"Oh, speechless? I know." Jerome joked and removed his mask. Jervis took a deep breath before he smiled. Jonathan approached him and helped him get off the cuffs.

"You look a fright, Mr Tetch." Jonathan said.

"Somewhat lame, my dear Mr. Crane. But I do confess pure joy in besting Jimmy boy with out ploy." Jervis said and smiled so joyfully at Jerome.

"Yeah, yeah, you did a great job keeping Gordon occupied." Jerome said and Elena got even more curious.

"What did you do?" she asked and Jervis lid up looking at Elena.

"Oh dear, I just made some people almost jump off a building without any fear. But old Jimbo came through, stopped it all, but what can you do?" he said and sighed.

"Well I applaud you for trying. Jim isn't easy to fool." she said and he instantly smiled again.

"Thank you, love." Jervis said and suddenly Jerome grabbed him by his shirt pulling him closer to Jerome's face, and he wasn't smiling.

"No one calls her love but me. Kapish?" he asked and Jervis nodded nervously. Jerome grinned.

"Smile! Crane got his tear gas, I got the information I wanted and you don't have to go back to the loony bin. Everything is going just as I planned." he said and let go off Jervis.

"But, no time to palaver, gentlemen." he said and Elena raised a brow at him, "And women." he said and she nodded smiling.

"We have fish to fry. And by fish I mean faces, or feet. Ah, something fun to fry." he said and laughed as he walked out of the van.