Chapter five

Jerome was back in his lonely dark cell after talking to Jane. Everything she had said had made his mind blow up. He stood in the middle of the cell just staring blankly at the wall in front of him. He heard the guard that had guided him there leaving outside in the hallway. Then he could not control it anymore.

An explosion of feelings that Jerome had never felt before hit him, and they hit him hard. Tears started to run down his cheeks and what started as sobbing evolved to loud heartbreaking cries. He leaned his back to the wall and glided down until he sat on the floor crying into his hands. He sat there for a while, crying more than he had in his entire life. But then, it was like a switch inside him flipped. His cries started to slowly change into laughter. And it only took seconds before he was laughing loudly with his insane maniac laughter. He didn't know if it was that the shock finally hit him or if he was just in denial, but he felt nothing anymore. Nothing at all, like Elena never even existed. 

She had been his focus and his weakness, but not anymore. She was gone and maybe his mind just couldn't handle it so it shut her out completely. Now he just felt more crazy and insane than ever, and he needed to have some fun. And to Jerome's positive surprise he heard someone getting locked up in the cell beside him. The person was clearly angry because he hit the walls and yelled so loudly it hurt Jerome's ears.

"Traitors! Every single one of them! And her..I will kill her! Her and Gordon, and Zsasz and..." he yelled, but Jerome smiled as he recognized that voice. It was Oswald! 

"What a perfect timing." Jerome thought to himself with a smirk on his face.

Jerome interrupted Oswald's yelling with knocking loudly on the wall so it would echo threw his cell. He tried not to laugh as he changed his voice into a much darker one to Oswald wouldn't recognized it was him.

"Hey buddy." Jerome said which made Oswald look around his cell nervously as he threw his head around trying to identify where the voice came from. He frowned and pointed into the room.

"Do not talk to me..." Oswald started yelling at the voice, but Jerome interrupted him again.

"Hey, I get it pal. This place is full of loonies." Jerome said and Oswald threw his attention down to bars by the floor. He realized that was where he heard the voice coming from. He quickly dropped to the floor looking through them and into Jerome's cell.

"I just thought we could help each other out." Jerome continued as he stayed away from the bars so Oswald wouldn't see him. He was having so much fun.

"And how can you help me?" Oswald asked and pulled a fake smile before he chuckled at his stupid proposition. Did he not know who he was talking to? Oswald thought.

"Well, not to toot my own horn, but I'm a very resourceful fella." Jerome said as Oswald glanced over to his cell trying to see who he was talking to.

"So, toot. Toot toot." Jerome chuckled, but then burst out into laughter as his mind had gone completely insane. Oswald's eyes widened at the sound of his laugh echoing threw both their cells.

"I know that laugh!" Oswald gasped then Jerome threw himself down to floor catching Oswald by surprise.

"What do you say, pal? I'll be your best friend." Jerome joked and Oswald started to breathe faster and almost gasped at the sight of him.

"Oh come on, give me a smile." Jerome joked.

"You..you idiot!" Oswald shouted but Jerome kept smiling at him.

"Why the angry face?" Jerome joked and Oswald threw himself against he bars, but Jerome quickly jumped backwards laughing.

"It's all your fault! I lost Elena because of you!" Oswald shouted heartbroken. He had been completely devastated after Elena disappearing. Martin, she boy Sofia Falcone used to send him into Arkham, was the one thing that had made Oswald felt some kind of happiness again. But now he was gone too. He used to have Ed, but he had completely lost himself to the Riddler so they weren't talking anymore, in fact, they we're more like enemies. Oswald had never felt so alone.