Chapter seven

Jerome was having a blast in Arkham. He was taking back control and even the guards were afraid of him, and with good reason. A few days ago he had walked past the room where people got their "therapy session", which was actually just getting electrocuted to the point that your brain would be fried. Curious as he was he peaked his head inside and a grin quickly grew on his lips. He saw the guy who had tried to challenge him earlier in the common room strapped down to a table. He tip toed inside and threw his hand over the mouth of the woman who was giving him the electricity. He put his finger to his own mouth and shushed her before he grinned. The guy who was strapped in the chair panicked once he saw Jerome looking sinister.

"What do ya say big guy, let's turn up the heat a bit?" he asked and turned the power from low to high. The guy started shaking and his entire body was cramping up. Jerome started laughing hysterically before he turned back to the lady who looked terrified and her eyes had teared up.

"Now, be a good girl and don't tell anyone about our little encounter, okay? I'm sure you don't want to be the next one strapped to that chair, because if you snitch, I'll fry you like a nugget." he said and removed his hand before he quickly disappeared out the door. Like he wasn't admired enough already, this made everyone look up to him.

It was monday now and he was on his way over to Jane's office for their session. Once he got inside he was met my her smile as always. She strangely always seemed excited to see him.

"Jerome! How are you feeling?" she asked friendly.

He had only had a couple of sessions so far, but he was noticing more and more that she wasn't completely sane. While he was talking about killing or torturing people she would sometimes smile and even let out a little laugh that he wasn't supposed to hear, but he did. Jerome was using all his charm on her, and it was working. He wanted her wrapped around his little finger.

"Ahh doc, I gotta tell you, I'm feeling amazing." he said as he sat down leaning back comfortably.

"Good! Your not having any hallucinations about her?" she asked. Every time she would ask about Elena she never called her by her name. Just "her" or "she". Like Elena wasn't supposed to be someone with an identity.

"Nope, nothing." he simply answered. 

Of course Jerome didn't know Jane had been strictly told to convince him Elena was dead, but she had, and she had succeeded. Jane was good at twisting his mind and making him forget. It sometimes felt like she never had existed. But Oswald's constant nagging reminded him tho.

"Are you getting any friends around here?" she asked.

"Of course, who doesn't want to be friends with this handsome face?" he said pointing at himself and it made her laugh. Jerome leaned forward and grabbed her hand into his. He expected her to react to it, but she didn't.

"But I'm always looking for someone to be more than a friend. It gets lonely in here, ya know?" he said with a grin and he noticed her blush. 

"You don't say." she replied with a smirk.

"So tell me Jane, you single?" he asked while pushing her hair away from her face. She was smiling so widely but then the cleared her throat and pulled back as she pulled her hand back.

"We're here to talk about you, Jerome." she said but not in a serious or negative way.

"But I wanna get to know you." he said leaning his head in his hands while smiling. Once again she blushed and smiled. It was so easy getting her nervous and making her forget about what she was actually doing there. Jerome thought it was too fun.