Chapter eight

It only took a couple of hours before the house was completely full of teenagers dancing around and making out on the couch. Elena was wearing a short white dress which really defined her curves. She had straightened her hair and put on some false eyelashes just to top it off. Once she stepped outside Bruce's eyes widened when he laid eyes on her.

"You look...beautiful." he said and Elena blushed instantly.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." she said and Bruce smiled as he spun around showing himself off which made Elena laugh.

"Here." he said and handed her a drink. At first she hesitated. She had no memory of how alcohol tasted. But she took a zip and it was a strong one no doubt. She frowned which made Bruce chuckle.

"Come on, let's have some fun." Bruce said and grabbed her hand. He dragged her with him into the living room where he introduced her to some of his friends. Just like Bruce, they were all well dressed and you could tell they came from wealthy families.

"Damn Bruce, your girlfriend is hot." Tommy said and Elena got awkward by his comment.

"Eh, I'm not his girlfriend." she said but Tommy didn't seem to believe her at all.

"Yeah right. Anyways you're killing it with this party Bruce." he said and Bruce smirked.

"What can I say? I do as I want now that Alfred is gone." Bruce said and took a shot of tequila. He grabbed two more and handed one over to Elena. She smiled and threw her head back while shotting it. But then before Bruce could take his shot she grabbed it and drank that as well. Both Bruce and Tommy looked impressed.

"Let's dance!" Elena said and dragged Bruce to the dance floor. She was getting more drunk by the second but she was having a blast. They were dancing for a while but then suddenly Bruce slipped his hands around her waist pulling her closer. She looked down then up at him again smiling awkwardly. She didn't know what to do or how to react.

"You're so beautiful, Elena." he said getting closer. She swallowed a clump in her throat as she was getting nervous.

"Thank you, Bruce." she said. He leaned closer, but stopped as Tommy came over and grabbed his shoulder. He leaned into Bruce's ear and whispered something, but Elena couldn't hear it over the music.

"I'll be right back." Bruce said with a smile before leaving with Tommy. Elena just went to the bathroom as she felt she really needed to pee. She stood over the sink resting her hands at it as she shook her head. The alcohol was hitting her more and more. Suddenly it was like a flash of light in went in front of her eyes and she saw that same shape of a guy with red hair again in the mirror. Her eyes widened and she shook her head one more time, but he was gone. 

"I'm too drunk..." she said just thinking she was hallucinating. She left the bathroom and noticed Bruce standing out on the porch with Tommy. Once she got outside she saw Bruce sniffing something white from the table and into his nose before throwing his head back. He noticed Elena standing there and he quickly wiped his nose. She might not have any memory, but she wasn't stupid.

"What's going on?" she asked walking up to him.

"Nothing, were just chilling." he said smiling. She looked down at the table then back up at Bruce.

"I can see that.." she said showing him she didn't like it.

"Don't be a party pooper, Elena." Tommy commented and she frowned at him. But she chose to ignore him, she had seen enough to know what she thought about him. She just turned her back at them and started walking inside the house. Because she knew Bruce was going to follow her she walked fast against her room. As she was about to shut the door Bruce placed his foot in between stopping it from closing. He walked inside closing the door behind him.