Chapter twenty five

Jeremiah was starting to look worried as he saw Jonathan and Jervis on the monitor. His jaw dropped and he started shaking his head slightly.

"No no no...How'd they find me?" He mumbled to himself. Then suddenly the lights went out and Elena grinned as she looked around in the room.

"Is there another way out of here?" Jim demanded to know as he approached Jeremiah and walked away from Elena. Elena seized the opportunity and was fast to used the key she had snatched out of Jim's pocket to open her handcuffs. Once they came off she threw her hand onto the control table pushing a button that would open every door in the house and setting of an alarm.

Jerome was in his cell doing some yoga when the lights went out and the door opened. He grinned as he stood up straightening his tie.

"Oh Elena, my clever little genius." he said to himself and left the cell.

Elena quickly jumped forward snatching Jim's gun out of his belt as she grabbed Jeremiah out of Harvey's grip. She placed the gun to Jeremiah's head and threw her hand around his neck. Jeremiah let out a loud gasp as she pulled him with her a few steps back. Jim turned to Elena and his jaw dropped while Harvey took out his gun aiming it at her.

"Elena.." Jim said but Elena ignored him.

"Drop the gun, Harvey. We both know I'm a better shooter then you. You'll be dead faster than you can say "bang"" Elena threatened him. Harvey frowned before he slowly put the gun down. Elena grinned and looked over at Jim.

"Don't look so surprised, Jim. You should know by now all I care about is Jerome. And I'm never going back to Arkham, ever. So don't bother following us, or I'll blow his head off. And you both know I'm not bluffing." She said as she dragged Jeremiah with him out the door. Once they had a safe distance from Jim and Harvey she threw him around placing the gun to the back of his head. He froze instantly.

"Show me where Jerome is, now." She demanded. Jeremiah was tearing up and nervously nodded.

"O..okay, I will. Just don't hurt me...This house it built like a maze. It takes a while to get there." he explained. Elena just rolled her eyes and pushed him forward.

"Why did you lie to them?" Jeremiah asked after a while with a shaky voice. Elena just smirked at his question.

"Why did you? You kidnapped me, after all."

"I didn't kidnap you, I saved you. That infection would have killed you." Jeremiah said and Elena's smirk faded. She just looked at his back as they walked the hallways.

«I didn't plan on bringing you here. I only wanted to stop my brother from terrorizing this city even more.» he explained. Elena just started frowning. Where was he going with this?

"And besides-», he said and suddenly turned around ,"I think...I think you're too beautiful to be with someone like my brother." he said catching her off guard. She her eyes widened as she stared at him not being able to find a word to say.

"I took you here to help you, help you get away from that psychopath. I've read your story in the Gazette and I know what he turned you into." he said and Elena was completely baffled. But then she frowned at him and took a step closer placing the gun to his chest which made him gasp again.

"Don't talk like you know me, because you don't!"

"Perhaps not...but I can guess. I think you were lonely, angry, misunderstood. Jerome made you feel special, made you feel like someone understood you and had a answer to all your problems. He used words to make your actions seem right. And he made you trust him, yet, you ended up getting hurt. Am I right?" He said and Elena noticed her jaw had dropped a bit. A weird feeling went threw her body. But then she shook her head and gritted her teeth.