Chapter twenty one

Elena woke up and felt a burning pain coming from her arm. She sat up and looked above her wrist and noticed the cut she made didn't look so good. It had starting to form a scab over it, but it was still an open wound. She looked over at Jerome who was sleeping peacefully. He was smiling his in sleep, probably dreaming about his revenge on his brother. Elena silently got out of bed and threw on a pair of black jeans and a white t shirt. She left the room to go to the bathroom looking for an emergency kit.

She found some saline water and a cotton wool to clean up the wound. It started to burn so she bit her lower lip. After cleaning it she wrapped around some bandage to secured it. As she got into the kitchen to find some breakfast she met Oswald, of course, it was his house after all. It was an awkward tension from Elena's side as she didn't really know what to think of the kiss from last night. But he just smiled as he saw her and immediately walked over to her to wrap his arms around her.

"Good morning! Are you hungry?" I was just about to ask some of the maids to make some breakfast." he said pulling away but still holding his hands onto her arms.

"Hmm doesn't sound to bad, maybe they could make a toast?" she asked and Oswald nodded as he removed his hands.

"Excellent choice. I'll have them make two, I'm very fond of a good toast myself." he said and smiled. But it faded as he looked down at above her wrist. He gently grabbed her hand and lifted it to see.

"What is this? Did he hurt you?" he asked and looked up into her eyes. Elena pulled her arms back and discreetly tried to hide it a bit behind her back.

"What? No, of course not!" she said feeling surprised he would instantly think that, "I just hurt myself with the straightening iron. It's pretty damn hot you know." she lied but Oswald was looking skeptic.

"Hm, alright. Well, I'll have them make the toast right away." Oswald said and went off to find the maids. Elena took a deep breath and shook her head. She didn't really know why she lied instead of just telling him what she did. Maybe she was afraid of his reaction? Elena walked into the dining room where Oswald was sitting waiting for her.

"Please, sit down." he said with a smile and reached his hand against the seat across from him. Elena returned the smile before sitting down. The maids came inside placing two plates of toast onto the table. And right after Jerome came walking in with a wide smile on his face. He was wearing a new outfit Elena hadn't seen before. He had a yellow shirt with a green-ish type of vest over it that had the same print as the pants. He also had on white shoes and a dark tie with white and green details.

"Gooood morning ladies and germs!" Jerome joked which made Oswald roll his eyes. Jerome walked over to Elena and she expected a kiss on the cheek like always, but instead he grabbed her cheeks and planted a big kiss on her lips, holding it longer than what you normally do in front of other people.

"You're in a good mood?" Elena asked as Jerome jumped down into the chair beside her.

"I sure am! Today I'll meet my pathetic brother again. Oh I can't wait to see his reaction. Oo toast!" Jerome said grabbing Oswald's plate and dug in on the toast.

"Um Jerome that's actually Os...." Elena started but Jerome interrupted.

"Oh mama mia that's good! My compliments to the chef." he said and continued eating. Elena looked at Oswald who seemed annoyed.

"I'm glad you like it." he said sounding sarcastic. Then he glanced over at Jerome's hand and squinted his eyes.

"Are you bleeding?" Oswald asked Jerome. Jerome flipped his hand to look above his wrist before he grinned.