Chapter four

They arrived at the station and got out of the car. They entered inside the building and everyone noticed Jim. Nickolas guided him downstairs to the basement and through a few hallways and secret doors. They ended up at a place who seemed to be more hidden. Nickolas stopped and turned to Jim as he rested his hands on his back.

"Now that I know were in a safe spot we can speak safely. So, after Elena was shot she fell into a coma because of her gun shot." he said and Jim's eyes widened.

"A coma!?" he gasped and Nickolas nodded as he kept his hand up so he could finish before Jim would completely freak out.

"Yes, but luckily we managed to save her, and it was decided to take some action after everything that happened because of her and Mr. Valeska. They created quite the panic together and we couldn't risk that happening again once she would wake up. I know you guys at the G.C.P.D have had the Gazette all up in your business after they started blaming you for not taking action with Elena earlier. Her story, as you know, have become quite famous all over Gotham. It's affected how the people see the police. So now we are helping her become sane again. And eventually she can return to society and everyone will be happy again."  he explained, but Jim didn't understand exactly what he meant. 

"What do you mean by 'making her sane'?" Jim asked.

"Just do not mention anything about Mr. Valeska, okay?" he said ignoring Jim's question as he opened the door. And there on a hospital bed Elena laid sleeping like an angel. But most importantly, she was alive.

Jim walked straight over to her and used his hand to gently stroke her hair away from her face. She looked so peaceful and innocent as she slept. He was glad to finally know she was alive after months of wondering. But then he noticed a stitched up scar on the side of her head as he lifted her hair up. Oddly he didn't remember her having any injuries on her head. Besides, this scar looked to straight to have been caused by an accident.

"What's this?" he asked and turned to Nickolas.

"As I said, we had to make sure she was sane and wouldn't run back to Mr. Valeska." he said and before Jim could reply he noticed Elena move so he turned his attention right back to her and leaned down as he kept his hand on the side of her head. Her eyes slowly opened revealing her green tired eyes. She looked right at Jim and a smile appeared on her face.

"Hey." she said with a low voice. Nickolas came right up to them and placed a hand on Jim's shoulder which made Jim look over at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Hello Elena, this is Detective Jim Gordon, the captain of the G.C.P.D. I want you to tell him what happened that night." Nickolas said and Elena nodded.

"O..okey. Um, well I don't really remember myself, but Nickolas told me that I had escaped the institution I lived in after my guardian, Dana, had died of a heart attack. I had ran off to Gotham since it had always been my dream to come here. But I got involved with some bad people to survive and I guess we got into some trouble. Anyways I was caught up in it and got shot in the stomach. Now Nickolas is helping me recover." she said and smiled to Nickolas.

Jim stood there confused while thinking, Well that's a huge understatement.

He looked at Nickolas with a suspicious look before he turned back to Elena.

"I've been very worried about you after what happened." Jim said and held her hand in his to comfort her. She frowned her eyebrows a bit like she didn't know what he meant, but then her eyes widened again and lifted her finger pointing at him.

"Oh, you were there the night I fell into a coma? I'm sorry but there is a lot of things I can't remember."

Jim frowned a bit and tilted his head.