Chapter fourteen

Elena stood by the door banging on it trying to make Addy open. She was panicking as she thought Addy would call the cops and they would arrest her for murder. Then she heard a gunshot and flinched away as her eyes widened. Why were there a gunshot? Oh no...Were they already here?

Elena took some steps back as she heard someone coming up the stairs. The door flew open and her eyes widened even more. She gasped as her body froze. There he was, that was the guy she had been seeing in her flashbacks! He was real...

"Elena..." he barely managed to get out as he saw her. His heart had never beaten this fast and his hands had never been shaking as much as they did in that moment. She was actually standing there, right in front of him, and she wasn't dead. Her eyes were still perfectly green, not gray as they would be when she appeared in his cell in solitary. Her clothes weren't covered in blood and she had no gunshot in her stomach. All he wanted to do was to kiss her soft, hopefully warm lips again.

"I..is it really you?" he asked and moved closer to her smiling as tears appeared in his eyes. He wasn't sure that he had ever felt this happy before in his entire life. But that quickly changed as she took a step back against the edge of the building making his smile fade away. 

"I'm so confused...Are you real? Is this a dream?" Elena asked and Jerome frowned at her question.

"Wha...You don't remember me?" Jerome asked confused.

"I don't remember anything. I was in an accident, I just woke up in a hospital not remembering anything at all about my life. But you...I've seen you before. I know I have." Elena said and stared at him. After having so many flashbacks and bad dreams with him in them, she just couldn't really know if this was real or not. 

"Of course you have, you're my partner in crime, ya know?" he said and just then a flashback hit her. She started to scream out loud because this was a much stronger one that she had felt before. She pictured her and him standing together, kissing. But how...and why? She was holding her hands to her head almost falling over as her feet weakened. Jerome ran against her ready to catch her, but she took another step away from him making him feel like his heart was breaking.

"Elena, please..." he said almost tearing up. All he had ever wanted for the last months was to hold her again. And here she was, backing away from him. 

"No! Who are you? Why do I see you inside my mind?" Elena shouted. Jerome was putting the pieces together now. He held his hands up to show her he was backing off so she would stop walking against the edge.

"Elena, I don't know what they did to you...But you have to remember. It's me, Jerome. I thought I'd lost you, I thought you were dead." he said and he could tell she was so confused.

"Dead? What...Your name is so familiar...ugh I want to remember, but I can't! I just can't, no matter how hard I try!" Elena shouted frustrated. Then both Elena and Jerome froze as they heard gunshots coming from downstairs. And out of nowhere came a blonde girl running down out the door while screaming, "Jerome!"

Jerome turned around to see Jane run against him. She was covered in fresh blood and held a gun in her one hand and a remote in the other.

"What the..." he said confused.

"J! There you are." she said and stopped in front of him. Her eyes were glowing at the sight of him.

"How the hell did you find me?" he said threatening. But psycho as Jane was, she just smiled. She was so head over heels obsessed with him.

"I have a tracker placed in your neck, silly." she said holding up the remote which apparently was a tracker and Jerome's eyes widened. He placed his hand on the back of his neck and actually felt the chip under his skin. He didn't really get when she had have time to get that in there, but he quickly understood he had totally underestimated her.

  "Please, J. I had to find you because..." she started, but stopped as she saw Elena standing there all confused.

"You." Jane said while tightening her grip around the gun and her smile disappeared. Jerome had never seen her not smiling. It was like she was facing the devil himself.

"You're supposed to be dead!" Jane said and frowned at Elena before she slowly lifted her gun up and aimed it at her. Elena gasped in fear and Jerome's eyes quickly widened before he stepped in front of Elena with his back facing her. He reached his hand back placing it on Elena's arm making her stomach explode with butterflies. She was terrified from having a gun aimed at her, but his warm touch just did something to her for some reason. He didn't even have to speak, his touch were saying "I won't let her hurt you".

"Now, why so serious?" Jerome asked and smiled.

"She's supposed to be dead!" Jane shouted and her entire body we're shaking as she said it. Even her lips quivered.

"Can people stop saying I'm dead? I'm standing right here, obviously very alive." Elena threw out there. 

"Not for long." Jane said and stepped closer not taking her eyes from Elena. Jerome quickly stepped back pushing Elena further away from Jane. Elena gasped as she almost tripped over from stepping half way off the edge of the building. She turned around to see and it was a looong way down. Her eyes widened and she quickly threw herself forward making her lean her body into Jerome's back, and it instantly made her feel safe. Even with a dead drop behind her and a gun aimed to her head, she felt safe behind him. It confused her so much.

"Jane, you're not doing it right." he said and shook his head sighing. Jane's serious expression turned into a more confused one, she didn't know what he meant. Jerome slowly walked against her with a vague grin on his face. He leaned forward and Jane couldn't help but to look away from Elena and into his eyes.

"Guns are too quick. You want her to suffer, right? It's much more fun too!" he said with his hands out and Jane just nodded and her smile was slowly re-appearing. Jerome turned his head to Elena before he grinned.

"You don't remember me, huh? Well then I guess you don't mind me doing this." he whispered to her and turned back to Jane. He grabbed her and pulled her close before placing his lips onto hers. Elena instantly felt her head hurt more than ever, it felt like it was going to explode. She threw her hands to her head again screaming so loud probably all of Gotham could hear her. All these memories came rushing back trying to break into her mind. She fell to the ground with a heavy breath while squeezing her eyes shut. But then she gave in to it, it all came back to her. Dana, the interview, Jerome, the kidnapping, Theo, her first murder, Arkham, Oswald and so on. It all came back. She gasped for air as she opened her eyes.

"I remember..."she whispered and smiled. Jerome pulled back and Jane's eyes were glowing from happiness. Jerome on the other hand, felt nothing. Nothing at all. Jane smiled as a tear ran down her cheek.

"Wow, J. That was amazing. You are..." Jane said but gasped as Elena grabbed the gun out of her hand and took a firm grip of her hair before she dragged her out of Jerome's arms making Jane scream in pain. 

"Taken. He's taken." Elena said looking her dead in the eyes before throwing her forward with such a force that she actually threw Jane straight over the edge of the building. As Jane went backwards over the edge she dropped her tracker and Elena used Jane's gun and pointed it at her. She shot her three times in the heart before watching her body fall against the ground. Elena watched Jane fall all the way down until her body were completely crashed into pieces. And down by the ground was Bruce and the rest of them on their way to help Elena.

"Bloody hell!" Alfred gasped surprised as the dead body landed next to them. 

"Who on earth would throw someone over a building like that?!" Bruce asked shocked. Selina turned to him.

"Well, let's say Elena isn't the girl you think you know, and I think she just got her memory back." she said worried.

"We have to hurry!" Barbara shouted and they stormed inside the building. They we're expecting a fight but once they got on the inside they were faced with all the inmates laying spread around on the floor, dead. They had all been shot and the street kids we're all crying their heart out trying to get loose from the ropes. Bruce threw a hand over his mouth in shock, he had never seen so much death at once.

"Bruce and Alfred you help them! Selina, let's get up there, now!" Barbara shouted.

I SAID THINGS WERE GETTING INTENSE, LIKE OMG.

-Michelle