Chapter twenty four

Jerome woke up with a banging pain in his head. That proxy had knocked him right out. His eyes opened and he saw he was in a small isolated room. Instantly he got a flashback from solitary back in Arkham so he jumped back breathing heavily. He almost got a panic attack as he got the feeling that it had all just been a dream, an illusion in his mind. Elena did really die that night, he never escaped Arkham. He had just gotten more insane and his mind was escaping by making him think he escaped. But then he saw the camera in the corner that was following his every move. He snapped back to reality and slowly started laughing manically. 

"How interesting." he said and slowly got up from the floor. He started banging on the wall to feel if there was any way out. But it was made out of hard concrete and impossible to break threw. So he turned to the camera with a grin.

"Oh, you are incorrigible." he said and started walking against the camera pointing at it.

"Then again, you always were. Wait, or was that me? Sometimes I get so confused, I can't remember. Got a pretty big swing against my head, ya know?" he joked.

"You didn't have to run away like that, like you did when we were kids. I would never hurt you. But now, I'm not so sure. Because I expected to wake up with a special someone by my side. A gorgeous girl with long brown hair and green eyes. Yeah, she's my girlfriend, actually. And if you don't let me out so I can see her, I will hurt you, really bad. If she doesn't beat me to it that is." Jerome said and laughed like a maniac. 

Elena woke up feeling a panic attack approaching just like Jerome did, only way worse. The room she was in was so bright and her eyes had a hard time adjusting. She tried placing her hand over her eyes but she couldn't move. Once her eyes adjusted they widened and her jaw dropped in confusion. Her hands were strapped down and her feet too. She frowned and tried to yank them off but without any luck. She was laying on something that reminded her of a hospital bed and a needle was injected in her hand hooked up to some sort of liquid. 

"What the..." she mumbled to herself looking at the fluid going into her veins. Where was she? Who did this? The last thing she remembered was Jerome throwing himself at her as she fell to the floor. 

"Jerome?!" she yelled out hoping that he would barge in threw that door, but he didn't. Her heart beat was raising as she was panicking more by the second. The thought of that proxy killing Jerome and taking Elena hostage was terrifying. She aggressively tried to get loose and felt herself loose control of her breathing as she was panicking. A loud beeping noise rang threw the room which she hadn't noticed before. It got higher and higher until finally the door flew open making Elena jump backwards with wide eyes. It was Jerome.

"Woah, woah hey. Calm down now. No reason to get that heart rate up." Jerome said sounding way to calm. He came walking in putting a smile on Elena's face, but it disappeared as quickly as it arrived. That was an odd thing to say? And he didn't look like himself. His hair was too sleek, his suit was way to casual and he for some reason had...glasses?

"J...Jerome? What are you.." Elena stared asking but he approached her quickly making her stop. He was smiling with a very friendly smile, a smile of a good hearted person, someone sane. THAT, was not Jerome. She moved away instantly as he stood beside her.

"I can already tell you know who I am, or who I'm not, for that matter." he said placing his hands to his back. He seemed so, proper. He looked exactly as Jerome but still so extremely different.

"You're Xander...Where's Jerome?!" she asked giving him a deadly glare.

"Actually, I'm Jeremiah. Xander is a name I have been hiding behind so Jerome wouldn't find me. And he is alright, don't you worry. How's your arm?" he asked directing his look to her wrist. She hesitated, but then looked at her wrist and saw it was covered with a new clean bandage.