Arc 4.3

Kyuwa woke with a crick in his neck and a full bladder; he had to decide whether to piss up there or climb down. This had the unfortunate possibility of the tree pressing against him and causing him to piss on himself so he had to just pee with the wind; against would just cause him to be more wet than he was already. 

It was nine but with the clouds obscuring the sky still, it seemed almost as though it was still night out. He could already tell that today was not going to be a good day with those heavy rain clouds greeting him first thing. 

"Hopefully the rain didn't ruin the meager food I purchase," he mumbled to himself as he pulled the ripped piece of shirt into the open and looked inside. 

He was slightly thirsty and his stomach grumbled so he took a bite of the mushy peach. Kyuwa made sure to drink up all the juice that he could get from it before putting it back with the stale bread. There was not going to be many chances to have food until he reached the forest and could search for his own food.

Before leaving the confines of the tree, after relieving himself, he sat down to meditate again for a while. By the time he opened his eyes again, the rainfall had started up again and the shawl did nothing to protect the hair beneath, causing it to be soaked in water. This might seem terrible for him but he was actually very happy with this. 

Pulling his hair from the shawl, he held it in his hand in front of his face and tipped his head back; squeezing the rain water from it and into his mouth. There was no use in being stubborn or holding off until he laid collapsed on the ground somewhere. 

After that, he balanced on the branch he was currently standing on and shifted the branches a bit in order to look towards the road and see if there were any travelers. He didn't see any so he quickly maneuvered himself down the tree trunk before hurrying in the direction opposite the previous village. 

It felt as though the rainwater wasn't soaking through his clothes but his mind instead. He felt mentally drained rather than physically. Maybe it was because in this life he was completely alone. Even in his original world he had a cat at least. But here, within this world where he was hated, there was no one to lean on. 

"I truly miss my Mates," He mumbled as he huddled in his small form and hurried down the road. There was a village in the distance but when he saw the line waiting to get through, he made a quick decision. 

Kyuwa looked to the left of the far off village and saw that there was a mountain that wasn't that tall but as long as he trekked over it, he'd enter the Dark Forest. 

"Hup!"

It took him two days to get to the other side of the mountain and he had already eaten the last of the scraps of food he'd collected

It took him two days to get to the other side of the mountain and he had already eaten the last of the scraps of food he'd collected. In the distance he could make out the dense Dark Forest. It got its name from the color of the tree bark. 

Trees that looked as though they were dyed in black blood were densely packed together and gave off an ominous feeling. There were sounds of beast roars and growls that constantly emitted from them. 

During these past two days Kyuwa had meditated at least five times and his soul force was enough that he should be able to protect himself even from the most ferocious beast within the Dark Forest. It hadn't taken him long because no one within this world collected the Planet's Source Energy; making the energy very 'eager' to enter his soul. 

Kyuwa also practiced his Martial Arts movements as he walked. Thankfully no one had been watching him otherwise he'd have been truly embarrassed. At least he knew that he was properly ready for any new threat that showed up. 

As he was walking, the closer he got to the forest, the more his body began to heat up. It hadn't been that noticeable at first and he sort of shrugged it off to being the forest being so densely packed and creating the heat. However, the first step he took into the forest, was the most excruciating. 

He screamed so loud that his voice scared the beasts away. When that scream turned to a hoarse roar that was creepier than the strongest Demon, the beasts within the forest left a wide berth between them and it. 

Kyuwa didn't know what was happening to him but he was laying prostrate on the forest floor with his face plastered against the dirt strewn ground. He barely opened his eyes while still shouting in pain and felt visible shock at the glow ricocheting off the ground; red glowed off the ground in front of his eyes. 

The shawl had fallen off and his silver hair unfurled across his delicate figure, seemingly to pulse with shadowed white light. Kyuwa's previously damaged skin healed completely, not leaving a single mar on that flesh. 

His voice seemed to pick up as the pain was reaching the peak and he pushed to all fours as his back bowed. A snap rang out within the surroundings and the sound of cloth ripping seemed louder than his screams of pain. 

Flesh began to split open and blood soaked into the forest floor as it steadily dripped off his hunched figure. A slight wind blew against Kyuwa and he dazedly wondered where it was coming from. The excruciating pain had stopped but he still hurt immensely. 

He was still crouched on all fours as the forest seemed to have gone completely silent. Kyuwa turned slightly to figure out what was going on and was met with something unbelievable. There was a pair of leathery bat-like wings on his back, ending with a sharp claw. 

Kyuwa felt his head ringing as he stared at those strange wings slowly flap, causing a gentle wind to hit his soaked in sweat face. 

Right before he completely passed out, the sound of high pitched whistling rang through the Dark Forest. 

A/N: This is actually a short chapter in comparison. Sorry. Anyways, hope you enjoyed.