Say It

"It will be fun!" Candy shouted.

"I told you he doesn't want to see me!" Kate snapped back. Candy was trying to convince her to come to the party Anthony was throwing at the mansion.

"He'll love to see you there!"

"Your funny." She snapped back rolling her eyes. They were already ten minutes late to the party. Candy pulled a dark yellow dress out of bag. She eyed it down. "I got this for you. It's tight on me which means it'll fit you perfectly!"

She grabbed the dress and slid it on. Candy squealed jumping up and down saying "Damn! It fits your tiny waist! Look in the mirror, it's perfect!" The dress ended before her knees and caressed her petite frame. Candy slowly dragged her away from the mirror and fixed her hair, applying a glittery gloss to her lips.

The two girls made there way up the steps of the mansion, hearing the music pounding. They walked into the packed house. In a matter of seconds Kate lost Candy again. She wandered around the house pushing through the crowd. She poured herself a drink and walked to the balcony looking at the stars. She thought about the past couple weeks. Her being depressed in the tub, getting arrested, and meeting John. Her heart hurt just thinking about him. She sipped her drink. Feeling the alcohol burn the back of her throat. Her hand crunched the the cup and she threw it off the balcony. She slid the balcony door back open and made her back inside to the kitchen.
She walked into the kitchen and froze looking at who was sitting on the counter. John. They made eye contact and she cringed in her head.

"Hey." He said looking at her.

"H-Hey."She stuttered running her fingers through her hair. It was silent. She spoke "I uh, left you two messages a couple days ago."

"I know."

"How come you never answered me?"

"I-I don't know."

"I got worried."

"Sorry." It got silent and he continued "I just got mad. I didn't think it was right for Anthony to take advantage of you like that."

"That's not the reason." She said. He looked up at her and snapped "What do you mean." She smirked replying "You said you like me. You got jealous." She watched blush hit his face and ran his fingers through his hair standing up walking past her. She grabbed his hand and said "I like you too, John."

He froze standing with his back towards her. He smirked saying "Say it again." She backed up and snapped "What?! No!" Her back hit the wall and he got close to her face laughing "Say it." She laughed her hands coming up to his face saying "I like you." He smiled pressing his lips against hers. She smiled against the kiss running her fingers through his hair. They pulled away and he smiled blushing. She smiled back and grabbed his hand. "Lets go for a walk, hm?" She asked. He nodded. They made there way outside holding hands.

"Are we there yet? How far are we gonna walk?" John complained. Kate jogged ahead pressing her face against the glass making him laugh. He walked up next to her mumbling "Woah." They stared at the black guitar she had seen a couple days ago. He turned looking at her eyes light up and sparkle against the glass.

"Maybe when you can actually play a song I'll get it for you." He smiled. She hit his shoulder and scolded "Do not get me that guitar. It's too expensive. I just like admiring it." He chuckled holding her hand as they walked back. The party was clearing out as they made there way up the stairs.

"Check out my haunted room!" John smiled closing the door behind them. She walked around looking at the pictures on the wall.
"The ghost lives in the attic so we've all been scared to go up there." He laughed making her smile. She picked up his guitar and strummed at the strings.

"Look I'm John!" She laughed in a deep voice, flipping her hair back and forth making funny faces. He smirked walking up to her taking the guitar off. He held her face and slowly kissed her again. She smiled against the kiss feeling butterflies. They pulled away and he smiled. They heard screaming from downstairs and Kate took off with him following. Chad screamed at a broom on the floor.

"It moved! It's the ghost!" Chad yelled. She started hysterically laughing holding her eye. John smiled watching her laugh and began laughing with her. She leaned against the railing looking around at the mansion. She yawned stretching and mumbled "It's getting late. I better head out. Where's Candy she drove me here." John pointed down to Anthony's room and she trudged down. She kicked the door open and grabbed Candy who was in a make out with Anthony. "Kate!" She complained as the brunette dragged her down the hall. John walked them down to the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow I hope?" He asked. She nodded and he leaned in giving her a peck on the lips making Candy gasp. Kate quickly took off in a sprint to the car listening to Candy tease her making John laugh watching the two girls yell at each other in the driveway.