Chapter 6 -As Civilized as They Can be

As Civilized As They Can Be
Arieon's POV

It's been three weeks since I cut Luca Rivera's throat and he's been hanging around our house very often

On occasion we have a conversation.
I'd say we were civilized....

My thoughts drifted to the first encounter we had after I snapped.

"What the fuck are you doing here." I spat at Luca.

My eyes fell to the cut I had left on his neck. No dressing of course, these Dons are too proud to nurse their wounds; however, I did pick up on a couple stitches.

"Vai a quel paese. I suggest you don't overstep your boundaries again." He hissed in my direction.
(Go to hell.)

"Vaffanculo." I grimaced at him.
(Fuck you.)

... well I mean we've been as civilized as we can get.

I gripped my sweatpants with my left hand at the crotch and scurried up the stairs with a bowl of popcorn in the other. Then suddenly I bumped into someone, sending the bowl of popcorn flying and the other person and I down a few steps.

"Porca miseria." The voice groaned on top of me.
(A phrase that means 'damn it' or 'bloody hell')

"Get the fuck off!" I hissed as I spat out a grain of popcorn and focused my eyes on the person.

"I'll take note that you don't like it missionary." Luca sneered as he got off of me. "Alla pecorina?" He smirked. (Literally translates to 'sheep style' but is used to refer to 'doggy style').

"You're disgusting." I said while I still laid on the floor.

He actually held out his hand to help me but I wasn't falling for that.
I glared at his hand and stood up on my own while he got the bowl.

"Come se." we both muttered simultaneously.
(As if.)

"What are you even doing here. Again." I said more to myself as I grabbed the bowl from him.

"Arieon, be nice." Gio called out as he walked in, Luca and I turned to face him now. We were like two kids that got caught stealing from the cookie jar.

"Well I guess we're past the opportunity." He continued as he looked at the mess on the floor.

"No shît." I added.

"Since she put her hands on me." Luca added.

"Aww did I hurt the pretty principessa." I sneered.
(Princess)

"Quindi ammetti che sono carina." He smiled, but paused, as he seemed to contemplate that he really called himself pretty. (So you admit that I'm pretty.)

"Perché non prendi la tua pistol e la infili dentro" I started but Gio cut me off.
(Why don't you take your gun and stick it inside-)

"Alright, alright  children." He said and pushed me towards the kitchen. "You two can continue this later. Luca has business to attend to."

I got to the kitchen and put another bag of popcorn into the microwave.
I so desperately wanted to know what kind of business they had to attend to that needed Luca's presence at our house. Dom had changed his mind on my freedom, now I wasn't allowed to go anywhere  especially since he's been busy with meeting Luca. That translated to he couldn't be where I was, so I had to be where he was.

The microwave beeped signaling that my popcorn was done. I grabbed the bag at the edge and headed back up the stairs and noticed that the mess was already cleaned up. Of course.

I got to the top of the stairs and debated on going left to my room or right to go to the conference room.

I obviously went right.

I walked down the hall passing the break room, the lounge and turned a corner but pulled back when I saw three of Luca's men outside the door alongside Jules, Araldo and Meo.

Great.

I completely turned the corner, now eating from
my bag of popcorn, and walked up to the bunch.

"Ciao Jules." I smiled.

One of Luca's men pulled his gun out and aimed at me, which caused Jules to aim his gun to the man in return.

Then everyone had a gun to their head.

I pulled mine out from the waist of my sweatpants, turned the safety off on instinct and aimed it at the initial gun pointer.

"Well fück. Can't a girl just say hi." I laughed.

I put my weapon down,turning the safety back on and putting it back where it was was housed and the guys followed suit.

"What would you like, Miss Arieon?" Jules sighed.

"I would like to speak with my brothers." I replied with a mouthful of popcorn.

"No can do, bella." One of Luca's men butt in.
(Beautiful.)

He had blue eyes and a jaw made to cut. His  long, dark, fairly straight hair was parted at the middle and reached his shirt collar.

"Just who do you think you are." I spat and furrowed my eyebrows, as I stuffed another hand of popcorn into my mouth.

"I'm the underboss of the Rivera." He said, "Luca's cousin." He finished. I scoffed in disgust, almost choking on a grain. Great another one.

I pushed him out of my way and he grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards him. I dropped the bag of popcorn immediately, but before I could use my other hand to sock him, in his beautiful face, the pressure on my wrist was gone. Luca's cousin was on the floor now and Jules was standing over him.

"Io non la penso così." Jules huffed.
(I don't think so.)

"Che cazzo sta succedendo qui!" Dominic shouted as the door busted open and the boys came out.
(What the fuck is going on here!)

He looked to me and then to the men.

"Well!" He waited.

"She came over and long story short he put his hands on her and I..." Jules trailed off as he gestured to Luca's cousin who was still on the floor.

Luca, for the first time, had nothing to say.

Dominic turned to Luca, "Questa è la tua famiglia. No Rivera no." He whispered too loudly.
(This is your family.)

"Noi siamo migliori di loro." Luca stated.
(We're better than them.)

They went back into the room and Giovanni was instructed to take me to mine.

"Gio what were you all talking about?" I asked as we walked off. I glanced back to my popcorn on the floor and pouted a bit, that was the second bag wasted and I barely got to eat any.

"Confidential kid." He whispered.

This wasn't normal, the guys never hid anything from me.
Nobody was normal, not even Luca behaved the same.

Something was stirring.