Chapter 24- From Fücking To Fist Fights

From Fucking To Fist Fights
Arieon's POV

I ran across the lounge room and pushed open Luca's door

I ran across the lounge room and pushed open Luca's door. When I ran down the short hall, he was standing straight with his chest out. He was like a lion that just got their prey on the ground.

I didn't even have to look at Stace on the floor, I could tell he hit her.

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what the fuck to say.

I grabbed her arms. She was still conscious and crying silently. I pulled her to her feet and she allowed me so I took her out of the room and into the lounge.

Her cheek was bright red. She was like a parody of Rudolph the red nose reindeer.

I got her to sit on the couch and she put her head between her knees, curling up into a little ball.
I heard loud footsteps and saw Lorenzo running down the hall. He had an ice pack and some painkillers which he handed me.

I pressed the ice pack to her cheek and she flinched. I still didn't speak. Not even to offer her the painkillers. I just held them out to her, and she didn't take them at first.

"What are you gonna do. Drug me and leave me on the side of the street?" She cried.

"Magari." I said and pushed the pills towards her further. Lorenzo swatted me for what I said. (I wish.) Though I doubt she knew what it meant.

She finally obliged, taking the pills from me and downing them with a bottle of water Lorenzo brought for her.

"Come with me Stace." He said as he put her arm around his neck, scooped her up in his arms and walked off with her.

I walked back into Luca's room. My eyes fell on his figure, puffing out smoke before pulling on a cigar again. He was standing before the window. His other hand was in his pocket.

"You're a fucking bag of shit." I seethed.
Stace was defenseless, sure she might be asking for it sometimes but it was clear that she loved him, and he should've have done that.

He gave me no reply and continued smoking his cigar.

"Hello!?" I yelled and waved my arms around in the air. He continued smoking his cigar and I walked up to him, I fit myself between him and the window.

I pushed on his chest. The energy he gave off reminded me of Silviano and his actions just now did so even more. His father hit on his mother and he was doing the same to Stace.

"Fight me." I grunted, "Combattimi. Dai."
(Fight me. Come on.)

I continued pushing on his chest and he was sent a step back with each push but kept drawing his cigar.

"Fucking fight me Rivera!" I snarled.
Still I got nothing out of him. 

I fired a right hook and caught his jaw in the same spot I did just a week ago,his face probably moved just a millimeter.

"Non sei migliore di tuo padre." I pushed.
(You're no better than your father.)

His eyes snapped from the cigar to stare into my eyes, he calmly outed his cigar in an ashtray on his nightstand. He then began closing the distance between us, I took slow steps back until my butt bumped the wall.

He merely left millimeters between our faces.
"It was the only way she'd leave me alone. The only way she'd stay away from this world. If it's cruel, if I was cruel." He spoke.

"Aren't you always cruel." I spat and then pushed him back.

Though I guess he acted with reason but stupidly so. He wanted to keep her away from this life but was that really the way. He nodded slightly in a sort of agreement to my last sentence.

"She's not a fucking punching bag -"

"Well if her head's too hard to understand when I say stay, the fuck, away from my house-"

"She loves you!" I threw my hands up in the air, "How could she not, however long has there been a thing between you-"

"It- it went on for too long." He stated.

"God. I am fond of her. I am, you think five years with her was just because of sex." He simply shrugged.

I scoffed and turned to walk out but my hand was pulled and I was facing Luca again.

"Arieon please." He whispered. Did he actually want me to stay, after he just smacked Stace stupid and gave a piss poor excuse.

I was glaring at his hand around my wrist. His fingertips almost didn't meet each other, they were a perfect fit around my wrist.

His gripped seemed to get tighter. "You're hurting me." I stated blankly. How ironic, a few moments ago I was telling him to fight me and now I wanted nothing of him. Not even to fight him.

He pulled his hand back sharply and tried again, "Come drink with me."

"Baciami il culo." I replied aggressively. I turned off quickly and walked out of his room. (Kiss my ass).

Hours flew by as I laid in bed trying to fall asleep. Shît I was more uncomfortable without the aching bruises and a damn ankle boot.

"I made you breakfast." A familiar voice called from the kitchen of the Dellucci household. It was one that didn't belong.

I bent the corner cautiously and could feel my eyes widen at the sight.

A fairly tall woman with beachy brown waves that brushed her waist stood at the sink.

She turned around. Her hazel eyes glimmered in the light and she was smiling so wide.

Mommy. But she's dead. How is she here. I know she's dead.

"Arieon. Why are you standing there. Let's go." Another voice called and I knew it was my dad.

I spun around and saw him.

Then suddenly I was sitting up in bed, struggling to catch my breath. It was a dream.

It was just a dream. I closed my eyes and put my hands over my face. My chest felt tight. Why did it have to just be a dream.

Great I need a drink. I scuffled out of bed and pulled my bedroom door close behind me.

It felt real, but I knew they were gone and it couldn't be. I wish I saw my brother.

I exhaled noisily though my nose as I hurried up the stairs to the third floor. I could bet everything that Luca was where he invited me to.

I scurried down the hall and banged on his office door until someone grabbed my hand.

"He's asleep in there, what's wrong." A groggy Lorenzo breathed as he let go of my hand.

"Uh- I just-" I tried to think something up but honestly what could I possibly be banging on Luca's office for during ungodly hours of the night.

"I needed- Uh so when did Stace leave?" I managed.

"She woke me up and I organized a ride for her." He informed, "but why are you here?"

Suddenly the door was opened, "Well, well look who came to apologize."

I turned to Luca and grimaced at him, "Apologize?"

"Yes. Come right in." He rolled his eyes as he grabbed me by the elbow, pulling me around him and into the room.

"Sogni d'oro." He murmured to Lorenzo before shutting the door.  (Sweet dreams.)