Chapter 8 - Bears and Pigs

Bears and Pigs
Arieon's POV

My eyes sprung open and I blinked them a couple of times

My eyes sprung open and I blinked them a couple of times. It was dark.

The surface beneath me was soft and I recognized the feel of my sheets cradling me and in my arms I could feel my purple teddy.

I turned on my right side and felt something.

I didn't have time to think about what to do next, or what it could be. I let go off the bear and put my hand over my head to get a gun from the space between the bed and the wall,clicking the safety off as I did so. I pointed my gun before I turned on one of my lamps.

It was Dom, he was kneeling on the floor besides the bed and his head rested on the edge. He was asleep.

I looked at the gun in my hand and sighed as I dropped it on the bed between my legs.
Then I noticed my hands weren't bloody anymore.
He'd cleaned them, and bandaged them.

I exhaled sharply and unwrapped the gauze, he always did this. Fail to nurse his wounds because of pride but bubble wrap me at the slightest nick. It irritated me.

I leaned to the nightstand and pressed my phone to get the time, it was 3 am.

I put my hand on Dominic's head. "Abbiamo tutti delle responsabilità verso la famiglia."I whispered.
(We all have responsibilities to the family.)

A grumbling stomach pulled me out of my thoughts.

I got off the bed and stood next to Dom. I pushed him to the floor slightly and got him to lay down. I moved my gun before I pulled the duvet off the bed, and threw it over him. I put the gun back on the bed.

His head was on my bedroom slippers so bothering with a pillow didn't make sense.

I walked off and out of my room.

I didn't want to walk all the way downstairs so I went to the other side of the house to get to the break room Dom had for his guests and security.

As I approached the door I noticed it was open and I entered cautiously.

"Rivera." I sighed in some sort of relief.
I don't even know who I'd be expecting to be here besides someone I knew.

I guess I'm on edge and who could blame me.

"Piccola Dellucci." He said as he turned around to face me instead of the counter.
(Little Dellucci.)
He was in a suit, as usual.

It's Anderson.

"Hi." I said as I walked towards him.

I was at the counter now and noticed the cup of coffee he just finished making.

"Well someone's pleasant for once." He teased.

I picked up his cup of coffee and went to the fridge.