Chapter 46- Voglio Te

Voglio Te
Arieon's POV

I'd gone back into the house and before I could give myself a chance to change my mind, I barricaded a sleeping Marie with pillows and even got two large duvets and rolled them up for extra protection

I had shot Gio a quick text and pushed my feet into a pair of sneakers.

A tired Jules also came along with me.

Luca bailed out of the car and I followed behind him. He was already skipping down the steps when I climbed out. Someone was eager.

I took my time and listened to the soft sound of the waves hitting the shore. When I got to the bottom he was facing the ocean, with his hands in his pockets.

I went up next to him and tried to look at the ocean, but I glanced to him instead and saw that his eyes were closed, so I turned back and tried to shut my own eyes.

I couldn't quite stay like that, so I turned back to him. Under the moonlight and the faint light from the streets, I could see the wind blowing through his hair, he barely wore a smile across his face. He barely smiled in general.

He opened his eyes and turned to me, and I turned back to the ocean.

"Don't do that." He breathed.

"Don't do what?" I exhaled and shook my arms out before extending them at my sides. I closed my eyes too.

"Don't look away when I catch you looking at me." I felt his breath fan against the side of my face. How could I tell him that I just now realized, as my eyes raked every inch of his skin what people mean when they said they can't take their eyes off someone. It led me to wonder if that's how he felt all the time while looking at me.

"I think it's something you should learn." I took a deep breath and went on my tippy toes. Mainly trying to relax as I imagined his eyes on me.

I told myself to feel what I felt, wholly and unapologetically. To admit it to myself.

"Then I'd never get to see you and I don't hate gazing at you." He admitted.

I was apprehensive in opening my eyes now, because I could tell he was gazing at me right now. I could also feel the beating of my heart, because it sped up.

"You look like a mule, trying to bring up drugs." He remarked. (Someone who smuggles drugs).

I definitely felt sick. I grimaced and turned to face him. It's him, making me feel this way. I should be home right now. He scanned me over, as if he was trying to diagnose me like some robot in a movie.

"Why did you bring me here?" I furrowed my eyes brows.

"Just wanted you to enjoy the beach with me, Dellucci." He shrugged, and turned away from me to face the lights of the bustling streets.