Chapter 27- Oh These Rivera Boys

Oh These Rivera Boys
Arieon's POV

Oh These Rivera BoysArieon's POV

"Mrs. Rivera!" Someone called out from the hallway, from the position that I was laid out on the couch with Lorenzo's arm over me I couldn't peer down the hall.

"Mrs. Rivera." They called again.

Just in case, almost instinctively, I put my hand on Lorenzo's knee at the call of my married name. Never mind the fact that it never seemed to bother him. I guess it did get to me a bit.

"It's Miss. Just Miss." I raised up and Lorenzo sat up properly too. I turned to the source of the voice in the hall.

"Sotto capo." He called to Lorenzo.
(A word used to refer to the underboss of a mafia.)
He patted my knee before he got up and left with the mafioso.

I stood up and grabbed the plate of cookie crumbs off the coffee table and took to the direction of the kitchen.

Lor and I had been spending a lot of time together and finally got around to that aquarium date and several others within the two months we had been.... dating, he made this summer one of the best I've ever had.

I walked into the kitchen and Luca caught my attention he was at the stove and a series of hisses and oil pops could be heard as he stirred around something in a pan.

He was shirtless, wearing only a pair of sweats. To be honest it was the first time I saw him in something other than a suit or part of it and I had been living here for awhile now.

My eyes travelled across every inch of his body and lingered on the outer side of his right bicep, there was ink, and I could actually see what it was this time. It was the Cornicello. Funny, I didn't take Luca to be the superstitious type but then again, he is Italian.

The Cornicello was an Italian talisman of protection to guard against the Malocchio, the evil eye, or any general bad luck and energy.
The Cornicello was shaped like a twisted horn and it's name translated to little horn.

His tattoo was the charm, attached to a chain, tattooed as if it was wrapped around his bicep and was black ink only.

I spotted another. It was a date in Roman numerals, with a thumb print next to it. This piece was on his side and left me to wonder who it represented.

"Dellucci." He called and I was snapped out of my thoughts. I nodded and continued to the sink.

"I'll wash that." He said and I took a step back from the sink which I regretted.

He was right behind me. The back of my arms brushed against his bare skin. I could feel him against my back and I could faintly feel his ... everything. If I had taken another step backward well...

I turned around to face him and then my hand was on his abs. He raised his hand to the side of my face and his palm caressed my cheek.

What am I doing!