Chapter 7 -Trade My Weakness

Trade My Weakness
Arieon's POV

I felt a familiar pair of muscular arms pulling me up into a sitting position and trying to hold me there

"Arieon wake up." Dom sighed.

"No. What time is it. Sei pazzo!" I wailed.
(Are you crazy.)

"It's ten am, quit whining." He let go of my arms and let me fall back on to my bed.

"Arieon. I have something to tell you." He grumbled.

I groaned in response and rolled on to my stomach.

"Arieon." He said firmly. What is he bothering me for this early. Dom knows better than to wake me up.

"I'm listening." I mumbled into my pillow.

"It's not just the Toscani that has been after you. They've joined with the Volta." He started.

"What?" I asked as I opened my eyes and sat up.  The Toscani and the Volta.

"We can't- " I began.

"I know." He said.

If we had a war with the other two families there might not have any Italian American mafia left.

We all would finish each other.

"Over the past few weeks we have been... negotiating  with them and they have made us an offer." He took my hands in his and he was staring at the floor.

"Go on." I urged him.

"They want you and in exchange I get the Toscani Don's niece." He finally said.

"And what did you tell them." I mumbled as I started to feel my heart pulse rapidly inside my chest and my breathing pattern took a sharp dip.

"The only thing I could Arieon, I agreed."

I pulled my hands away from him as I searched for words to string together a sentence.

"Ari." He said as he looked at me.

I was panicking now, well on the inside. No words came to my head that I could say or even think of something to reply to him.

I blinked a few times and stared at the duvet. How could he agree. Then I started to hyperventilate all of a sudden it was almost comical.

"Ari calm down and listen to me."

"I'm not going fucking anywhere!" I yelled, my voice was shaky now and I was about to twitch with rage.

I'd be a prisoner. My brother was going to hand me over to some of the most revolting men alive.

"You'd go with Julius, Araldo and Meo." He continued.