Chapter 25- Beautiful Incubi

Beautiful Incubi
Arieon's POV

I took a seat on one of the couches

I took a seat on one of the couches. Luca had a bottle of vodka on the table with a glass of his own.

I took the initiative to get out a glass from the under the coffee table and got some ice from a bowl on the table.

As Luca came over to sit opposite me, I poured two-thirds of the glass worth of vodka and threw it back.

"Whoaaa. I'm not dealing with you drunk tonight." The now empty glass was pulled away from me and placed on the table. I made a frown because of the bitterness after, but more because he took my glass.

"I don't wanna deal with anything." I scoffed.

"Have you had any more of those incubi?" He asked while he poured a drink.  (Nightmares.)

"No." I pulled at the ends of my hair.

"Arieon." He said in an impatient tone.

"Yes I have but they haven't been as bad." I rolled my eyes.

"You're a bad liar." He chuckled.

"I am not." I stressed.

"Maybe not, but to me, you are. That's good." He smirked.

I glared at him and he chuckled as he offered me my glass back. 

"What were they about?" He asked which made me look up at him. His hair was rough as usual, i realized it was a bit longer. The last time I actually looked at Luca was the first time I saw him when I was at school. Besides his hair nothing else seemed to be different, but there was something that seemed off.

His eyes were narrowed into slits and he stared into his glass while swirling around the bitter rum.

"Arieon." His eyes met mine.

"Huh? Oh." I broke my thoughts as I adjusted in my seat and grabbed more ice.

"The dreams?" He continued.

"Well- the-I." I hesitated. These were my worst yet best times of my life that I'd put behind me and he's asking me to dig them up.

"Look this marriage may not have been one of love but it can be one of trust and it is a partnership." He added.

I stared into my ice filled glass. Maybe I should.

"It's been about my family." I whispered.

He said nothing.

"The biological one." I added.

His expression seemed to soften as his eyes opened a bit more and his eyebrows relaxed.

"And... an old friend."  I finished.
"Your mom reminds me of mine." I whispered. She was easy going and sweet. She could never hide the sunshine inside of her and expressed her love openly and easily. I've always tried to be like her, but I could never. I was a mafiosa, I've murdered and my mother couldn't even bear the sight of blood on anyone or anything.