Chapter 8

Commander Erwin explains our goal for the expeditions and then tells us to enter our squads, to see our position in the formation.

***

Once we've finished talking, Erwin calls the Captain, Commander Hanji, Mike, Mikasa and I to another room. This better be good because I'm missing sleep. As if I would be sleeping now anyway.

"Concerning the mission, the real goal is to find the enemy. The person that killed Sawney and Beane. I plan to enter the forest with the 80 meter trees. I trust the enemy would follow us there and I want to try to capture him/her. We have previous equipment we left there and I'm sure it would be enough. What I need you squad leaders to do is fire an acoustic flare if the enemy enters the forest. Lead them to the trap. Commander Mike, please choose trustworthy Cadets from your squad that can help with the equipment. Cadet L/N and Ackerman, I would like you guys to help stabilise and attack the enemy if needed. That is all." The Commander explains

Seems rad.

"But note, Eren's location will not be revealed to anyone. His location is displayed randomly to every map. This is for his safety. Cadets. DO NOT speak of this to your other fellow friends. Even Eren." He finishes. Mikasa and I salute and he replies with, "At ease." We let our arms fall down.

"Get to sleep now, we are waking up early for the expedition." He says. Everyone leaves and head to their room. Mikasa and I whisper and some things before entering our room.

About an hour passes and I'm sure Mikasa is out cold already, she seems to sleep early all the time.

I silently get up and leave the room, heading to the kitchen. At the kitchen, I fill up a cup of water and start drinking it. I sigh when finished and mess with my bracelet.

"Cadet." I hear the stone cold voice again. I flinch and some water spills. I sigh and get a towel to wipe it before facing the Captain.

Ughhh. No peace around here.

"Yes Sir?" I answer

"You're going to break it." He says gesturing to my bracelet.

I chuckle and let go of it. "Sorry Sir."

"Now, come to my office." He states.

"Wait, why Sir?" I ask, slightly confused. He better not be making me do his paperwork.

"To my office, Cadet." He continues.

"What is the reason Sir?" I ask again. Suddenly, he grabs my hand and practically drags me to his office.

Ahhh, his hands are pretty darn cold. Its relaxing in a weird way.

We enter his office and he gestures for me to sit down, which I do. "Yes Sir?" I say, missing the coldness on my skin.

"I just have a few questions." He says, "About your fighting style. Who taught you how to fight?"

"Eh, no one Sir, I learned from the Training Corps." I lie through my teeth.

"Okay.. So how did you learn to hold the blades like that?"

"Erm I just found it more comfortable..?" I lie, but this one is too darn obvious.

He raises an eyebrow at me, "Okay. Where did you get your bracelet? It looks expensive. Is it pure silver?"

"I had it since I was born, and it is pure silver. But this all based of what my mother said." I answer, truthfully, for the first time.

"Really? That's nice. How is your Mother now?" He says studying me.

I tense, "She has passed." I say through gritted teeth.