Chapter 18

Hange explained what happened when she arrived at the barracks. Apparently, Hange concluded, dear Pastor Nick, was tortured. Probably asked what he told the Survey Corps and when he said nothing, they didn't believe him.

That could happen to me. What Pastor Nick went through could happen to me and it would go down exactly the same.

Shit.

I abruptly stand up from the table. "E-Excuse Me." I say. I go down to corridor and enter my room. Well, the room I put my stuff in. I let out a deep breath and sit on the bed. Why the Walls did Reiner do this to me? A few tears fall down my face but then I hear a knock on the door.

Oh Walls...

I quickly wipe my face and say "Hold On!" I look in the mirror and try to fix my appearance. Okay. I look fine. I quickly open the door to see Levi. I let out a deep breath and open the door wider for him. "You look like shit." He says, sitting on my bed.

"Thanks." I answers, closing the door and leaning on it.

"How can I assure you that won't happen to you? What do I need to do?" He asks, looking at the ceiling in thought.

"Levi, thanks for everything, but don't bother there's nothing anyone can do to get rid of that thought from my head." I say, keeping a poker face. Although I feel like breaking down.

Levi sighs and stands up. "Let's go."

"Wait, let me wash my face." I say.

"Why?"

"Because... I look like shit."

"I was kidding, come on." Levi takes my hand and leads me out of the room, I can never get enough of his cold hands.

Dear Walls, what is happening.

He soon lets go of my hand and sat where he was sitting again, and I sat where I sat before. I hope Levi was sincere about me looking good.

"Have you made your decision yet Hange?" Levi asks, breaking the silence.

"Yes, We do both." She says.

Wow, yup I missed everything.

"Okay, Historia, tell us about you." Levi says.

"I was born on a small farm in the North part of Wall Sina. It was a farm on land controlled by the Noble Reiss Family. As far back as I can remember, I was always helping out on the farm. My mother was always reading books. I never saw her doing house work. Every night, she would dress up in showy clothes and someone would take her away in a carriage. She seemed to have another source of income. That was how life was for me. But I learned to read and write, and I started imitating my mother. That is how I learned I was very much alone.

In the books I read, Mothers were so caring to their children. I hadn't experienced those things. My grandparents only spoke to me when they were teaching me how to work. I also noticed other children walking around freely, playing with each other. To me, I thought they were dangerous, because they always threw rocks at me. Needless to say, I never left the farm.

One day, out of curiosity, I tried hugging my mother. I wanted to see what type of face she would make. So I did. All she had done was toss me away... But I was happy, because that was our first form of interaction. But then she said her first words to me, "If only I had the courage to kill this girl." After that my mother left the house and started living somewhere else.

Eventually, I realised everyone on the farm would be happier if I wasn't alive. The animals were my only friends. And then, a few nights after Wall Maria fell, I met my father for the first time. He said, "Hello Historia. My name is Rod Reiss... I'm your father. Historia... You're going to be living with me from now on." My mother was also there, but she seemed terrified. As soon as he said that, my father took me towards a carriage. But my mother shrieked and I noticed we were surrounded by men.

One man said, "My Lord Reiss, we must ask you not to act so rashly." I called for my Mother and here eyes widened, she said, "I am not this child's mother! She has nothing tot do with me!" I was quite shocked at the time. But the man then said, "Is this true, Lord Reiss? Are both this woman and child unrelated to you?"

My father glanced at me and sighed. He said, "Very well, neither of them are related to me." The man forced my mother to kneel down in front of me and said, "Just as we thought." The man took out a knife and slit my mothers neck in front of me. Before she died, my mother said, "If only you hadn't been born." The man came to me with the bloody knife, but then my father spoke. He made a proposal, If I lived a quiet life somewhere far away, they'd let me go free. My father named me Christa Lenz.

After that I lived in a settlement for two years. I entered the training Corps when I was twelve. Then met all of you." Historia said.

***

I continued to help Eren peel some potatoes when Connie suddenly says, "To be honest... I feel like I don't understand half of what's going on." Walls! I can finally catch up. Thank you Connie!

"Basically we're going to run experiments as quietly as we can, meanwhile, we'll crush anyone who's in our way." Eren answers, "If you want more details, ask Armin to explain more."

"Ymir said it was that ape that turned my village into Titans. Right?" Connie said.

"Yeah." Eren answered.

"And what about Ymir? She made fun of me when she knew exactly what happened, I never knew she could be so cruel." Connie continued.

"No" Historia spoke for the first time since she told us about her past. We all looked at her and she continued, "When Ymir did that, it was because she thought it would hurt you if you learned the truth about your village. She was doing her best to distract you."

"She wouldn't do something like that, Right?" Connie said.

"I know her." Historia answered.

***