Chapter 47

I trudge along the cobblestone path back into the main town of Shiganshina.

"15 METER CLASS TITAN ON THE RIGHT WING. Y/N TAKE IT." Erwin yells at me.

Em...  Why in the walls must I do it?

I maneuver my way to the Titan and stab its eyes with my blades, I bring out a another pair of blades and swing around the Titan, slicing its nape in the process. I return back to my horse and continue riding.

"7 METER CLASS TITAN ON THE RIGHT WING. MULLER ASSIST, WEBER TAKE IT." I shout at my squad mates.

"No!!!" Nadine argues.

"Muller, do me a favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP." Ernst glares at her. I like at Ernst in disbelief for a split second but soon regain my posture.

That's the first time Ernst has openly spoken.

"E-em.. What?" Her eyes widen.

"Assist Weber!" I say to her.

"No need." Sebastian appears out of nowhere, "I took it down." He offers a cheeky smile. I glance to my right and see a small steaming Titan.

"5 METER CLASS TITAN STARIGHT AHEAD. Y/N'S AQUAD TAKE IT!" Erwin yell's.

"HOFFMAN TAKE IT!" I glance at Mia. She nods determinedly and goes after it. She looks like she is having some difficulty, but eventually takes it out.

"4th KILL, SEBASTIAN WEBER. 5th KILL, MIA HOFFMAN." I say. Mia smiles at me and we continue riding.

"5 METER CLASS ON THE RIGHT WING, MULLER TAKE IT." I yell.

"By myself?" She asks.

"Well you didn't want to take it with Weber so go right a fucking head NOW." I reply, annoyance lacing my voice.

Can she try to be a little helpful?

I hear her sigh, But nonetheless, she maneuvers towards the Titan, heading straight for the nape. The Titan notices this and grabs the wires of her hook.

This idiot.

She abruptly stops and hangs, while the Titan starts to swing her around.

I immediately get up from my horse and head towards the Titan, I slice its hand and then slice its nape.

I hear Nadine fall and the Titan soon follows. I lower myself into the ground and stomp towards Nadine. I lift her by the collar and glare straight into her eyes.

"I WILL NOT BE SAVING YOUR FUCKING ASS WHEN WE TRAVEL TO SHIGANSHINA. So get a grip and stop trying to be fabulous. Unless you want to be fabulously dead." I knee her in the face and drop her collar, letting her slump onto the ground. I whistle for my horse to come back and by the time it does, Nadine has already stood up and steadied herself. She avoids my gaze and I hoist myself up my horse, ignoring her.

I make my way back to the squad and she follows ahead.

***

I sat in my office, deep in thought.

The squad seemed pretty depressed. But I guess that is natural since it was their first expedition.

I sigh.

Fucking Nadine.

She should leave the Survey Corps if she's not serious about it.

I close my eyes. I should take a nap.

***

I suddenly wake up when I feel someone pinching me. I try to open my eyes but they feel too heavy. It takes a while, but I finally peel them open to see someone standing in front of me with an empty needle.