Chapter 46

"FORWARD!" Eyebrows yelled after his usual 'Motivational' speech. I took a quick glance behind and saw my five squad members behind me. I returned to my normal stature and maneuvered my horse through the gate into Wall Maria.

So far no Titans.

Suddenly I feel the ground shaking.

"5 METER TITAN ON THE RIGHT WING" I yell. Considering there are only 3 squads on this expedition, Erwin suggested we only bring Flares that suggest an emergencies.

"SCHMIDT, TRY TO TAKE IT ON!" I order. The young bow grapples onto the Titan, his face painted with uninterest. He slashed the nape and returns to his horse.

The rest of the squad members look at him in awe. "FIRST KILL, ERNST SCHMIDT. EVERYONE COMPOSE YOURSELF!"

A Titan seems to appear on the left wing, and is taken out by a newbie.

"FIVE 7 METER STRAIGHT AHEAD. ELITES, TAKE OUT 2 AND DISTRACT THE REMAINING!" Erwin orders.

Levi and Mikasa maneuver forward, slicing the nape of 2 in no time. Mikasa plays around with 2 and bring it over to my side.

"SCHWARZ AND WEBER, FORWARD. MIKASA ASSIST IF NEEDED!" I yell.

I hear Sebastian click his tongue but go forward anyway. Klaus takes his time, but eventually sliced the nape of the Titan, leaving a struggling Sebastian.

"MIKASA, WITHDRAW! SCHWARZ ASSIST WEBER." I mentally shake my head. The lad is useless.

Finally he takes a slice at the nape, but doesn't go deep enough. "SCHWARZ TAKE THE KILL." I yell, irritated. Klaus kills off the Titan quickly and they return.

"YOU DO NOT REALISTICALLY HAVE THAT MUCH TIME, WEBER. SECOND AND THIRD KILL, KLAUS SHWARZ." I'm actually gonna lose my voice if I keep doing this.

"CONTINUE ON THE RIGHT TO SHIGANSHINA, AVOID TITANS TILL WE HAVE REACHED THE DESITINATION!" Erwin calls out.

***

Levi passes through the gate into Shiganshina first, he returns and gives a thumbs up, signaling we can enter safely. My horse trudges along and we pass the gate. I stop for a minute and look around.

This is supposedly my hometown.

"Y/N! DIRECT THE WAY!" Erwin says and snaps me out of my daydream.

I maneuver my horse to the right, staying close to the Wall. The houses soon become little dots in the distance and trees fill the area. I notice we are on a cobble path and I smile a small smile.

"Always follow the Cobblestone Path home!"

I knew we've reached my house when I saw a tall black metal gate in front of my face.

"We are here." I state.

"Wow!" Mia says in awe. Levi trudges in through the gate first and disappears for a minute, before returning again.

"No Titans in the compound or around it from what I have seen." He comments. A smile reaches Erwin's face.

"Forward" he says.

I take a deep breath and move into the compound. The first thing I notice are the dead apple trees rotting by the front door. I look to my right and see my favorite tree with a hammock on it. I grimace at the memory of laying on it that day.

"Oh Walls! Why are all the plants dead? It looks so unkept!" Nadine complains.

Guess who's fighting a Titan next.

Levi, Mikasa and Hanji all stop and look at her in horror. I don't blame them.

"I will open the door." Erwin says and pulls out a key from one of the black boxes. He slides it into the keyhole and I hear a click.

"Are you ready?" I hear from my side. I glance over and see Levi, on his black stallion.

"I like to think I am." I reply and he chuckles.

"Are there any insects?" Nadine asks. Erwin gets down from his horse and we all do the same. Not to mention Erwin also seems to enjoy ignoring Nadine.

Erwin enters first, and I go next.

Stepping inside, I look around and start to feel light headed. I run a finger over the old grey walls and a little bit of dust covers it.

It's not as bad as I thought it would be.

"Y/N?" Erwin places his only arm on my shoulder. I turn my head and look through a glass door that leads into a dining room.

"Y/N?" Another voice calls out to me. I'm about to take a step forward, but instead I come crashing down to the floor.

The last thing I see, being Levi's looking at me with concern.

***

I twist and then turn, feeling my uncormfortable, sweaty military uniform rubbing against my skin.

"Oh. You want to take it off?" I hear a voice. My eyes shoot open at the sheer madness in that sentence and meet Levi's stone cold ones.

Wait. Why am I lying on a bed. I sit up and the first think I see is a massive poster of a sheep and pig on the opposite wall.

No way.

"It was you wasn't it?" I glare at Levi.

"Of course. Due to my high curiosity,I decided to let you rest in your old room. On the dirty bed." He causally replies.

"Curiosity?" My face heats up.

HE JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT MY ROOM LOOKED LIKE?!

"Yes." He gives me a dead stare.

"How long was I out for?" I get off the dirty bed.

"Less than an hour. You are safe." He rolls his eyes. "We were able to sort things out and clean up a bit, even though it's not that bad. I suspect the person who your Father told to visit the house cleaned it up a bit. So the bed actually isn't dirty, lie down again."

"I'm fine. Let's go." I reply leaving the room.

"I love the poster" Levi smirks.

Oh My Walls No.

"When are we leaving?" I ask, changing the topic.

"Whenever you find the spare keys. Let's find Eyebrows and do the witchcraft and leave already." He answers.

"The witchcraft? Seriously?" I chuckle and we go downstairs.

"SQUAD LEADER Y/N L/N!" Erwin calls my name and I shudder. I the stand straight and salute.

"I apologize for any inconveniences cause by my incompetence." I apologise.

"Can you be any less self-deprecating?" Levi mutters. "Can we go find the spare keys?"

Erwin nods and I lead Levi out of the house.

"Okay!" I place my hands on my hips, "There is a box in the hole of that tree! Go get it!" I point at a tree. Levi glares at me.

"Now why would I do that?" He asks.

"Because I am not putting my hand in there." I scrunch my eyebrows. Does he not know these things already?

***