Chapter 60

"What?" Levi pulled me away from him.

"What..?" I mumble confusedly.

"Fuck sake. I'm sorry. I didn't know." He places his arms around me and I realise he's talking about the Erwin thing.

"I know. Its okay. We're passed that." I reply.

"But you have to tell me about it now." Levi mutters and I chuckle.

"It was a while ago. I think its better if we do that later, in front of the others." I said and Levi nodded.

***

We all received our medals from Historia, with Eren acting up again in the middle of the ceremony, another phase.

I had called for a meeting. Mainly for anyone who doubted my decision, but a few others who were interested came.

I sat in MY new office. Yes, the new HQ now has a designated area for me. Everyone was sitting, ready to hear and my arms were crossed. Levi and Hange took the available seats and everyone else stood.

"So, not so long after we discussed what the Titan Serum was to be used for and it was put under my watch Erwin called me to his office, where we talked. There wasn't any specific reason for me to be in his office other than to converse. Erwin spoke about how he felt, leading hundreds of soldiers into dangerous land and so on." I started, everyone watched me intently.

"Somewhere in conversation, we started talking about what would happen if either of us died. Morbid, I know, but I didn't care at the time. Erwin has been in this Regiment for a long time now and he said if he was on deathbed, he rather die than come back to the same old servant-like life, which I related. I then told him if by no means is the Titan serum to ever be used on me." I pause and look over at Eren and Armin.

"No offense." I smile and they chuckle, "Erwin got serious after that and said I would not be dying on the expedition and its more likely he would. Then he made me promise not to use the Titan Serum on him. At the time, I didn't question it because I thought he felt the same. But then the time came to choose and I saw Erwin. I knew how he really felt. It was how he described it before." I look around and notice Floch's eyebrow twitching and a tear in Hange's eye.

"I appreciate those who tried to save Eyebrows and those who understand the position I was in. Thank you for your time. I hope I relieved any doubts." I finish. Everyone starts chatting amongs themself

"But that doesn't explain why you were so quick to claim Armin was the one the serum would be used on!" Floch argues.

"I know you're new. I heard something said by someone a while ago. 'Some Survey Corps lives are worth more than others. Only those dumb enough to agree to that join us.' And it is a true fact. Armin is an amazing person with a great talent that should be recognised." I looked over at Floch.

"Would there have been any reason for me to use the serum on you?" I ask and the room goes silent.

"I can't think of a reason." Jean says.

"Hm... Neither can I." Connie adds.

"There's your answer." I shrug.

***

Overtime, we rid Wall Maria of any titans. Everyone in the Walls put effort to make the place where they could live. I received a letter from my Father, letting me know he was moving back into our old house and would be controlling his alcohol company from there. He invited me to stay with him, but I let him know that I have a room and office in the HQ.

The time came when we finally embarked on a mission outside Wall Maria.

It had been six years since they last left. A whole six years has passed since.

We rode our horses for a long time, and finally arrived at a tall grey wall, exactly what we were looking for.

"I think this is where the Eldians were turned into titans." I say and glance over at Hange.

She holds a hard, firm look and nods, "I'm sure of it."

"And," I hear Armin start, "Just past there..." We reach the cliff and I look down.

I see a massive, blue lake ahead of us.

No.

What did Armin call it before we retook Wall Maria?

An ocean?

We all get of our horses and make our way down, with Sasha and Connie letting out excited exclaims. I smile a little and glance at Levi, who is staring at me with a poker face. He notices me and looks away, scratching his chin like the weirdo he is. I refrain from laughing and tie my horse to a tree.

Sasha and Connie are the first to rip of their boots and head straight into the water. I chuckle and walk over to Mikasa who is doing the same. I take of my shoes and place them next to hers, chuckling when I see the size difference. Mikasa hands me a confused look but smiles anyway.

"Lets go." She says in the middle of folding up her trousers. I nod and do the same but before I'm done, I see her by the edge of the water, waiting for me with a smiling Armin.

I smile at the and jog over, feeling the sand stick to my feet. Armin goes in first and doesn't make any reaction except awe. I follow in and immediately regret it when I feel how the cold the water is. I grimace but go in a little dipper. I notice Mikasa do the reasonable thing first, dipping a foot in before the whole thing.

Hange appears beside me grinning and lowers herself to drink some of the water.

"Oh! Y/N! Taste it!" Hange says. I tilt my head at her and I'm about to take part in her weirdness when someone taps my shoulder. I glance over and see Levi in the water beside me.

"I don't recommend it." He states.

"Its cant be too bad..." I mumble and fill my hand before taking a drink.

"Its so salty!" I hear Hange exclaim while I swallow the liquid. I immediately spit it out and enter a coughing fit, trying to get the strong taste out of my mouth.