Chapter 32

Thanks For 1k Reads!!

***

"No one." I answer stunned by his question. Maybe I regret this.

"What was life like for you before the Training Corps?" I ask. I look down at the booklet and glance through all the tea options.

I think I'll settle for a simple green tea, so I'll actually be able to pay Levi back.

"I never did the Training Corps." He answers. I drop my booklet and stare at Levi.

"What?! They thought you were good so they let you skip??"

"No." He chuckles, "Well that could also have been a reason."

"What's the reason?" I ask.

"My turn for a question" He continues looks through his booklet. "Why don't you trust me?"

"I do." I simply reply. "What was the reason?"

"I am from the Underground." He lifts up a hand and someone comes to take our order.

"Peppermint Black Tea and a Peach and Cranberry Green Tea, please." Levi reluctantly adds the 'please'.

Wait. What? The person walks away and I just stare at Levi.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asks.

"You ordered for me? I just wanted a plain green tea." I cross my arms.

"What's wrong with me ordering for you? I ordered you Green Tea anyway." He bluntly answers.

"The Underground? Was the Survey Corps so desperate they started taking in people from the Underground?" I ask, trying to ignore what he did.

"No. I was a thief and they caught me. It was either joining the Survey Corps or being sent to the MPs." He answers.

"Oh."

"Yes. What did you do as a kid?" He asks.

I raise an eyebrow, "I lived as a kid. Ate food and slept. What else do kids even do. Why did you steal while you were in the Underground?"

"People from up here don't understand. Life isn't easy down there, if I didn't steal, I would be dead. Jobs don't pay enough to even buy water." He answers irritated.

"Oh. Sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault. Why are you so good at fighting?" He inquires

"I don't know." I squirm in my seat.

"You lived on a farm, right? People don't fight on farms." He states.

"What a stereotype." I retort.

The same person came back with our tea, and told us to enjoy it. I smiled and lifted it up, blowing on it.

Walls, it was steaming so much. I can't drink it now.

I put it back down and notice Levi pick it up by the rim.

"Why do you hold it like that?" I ask.

"When I was in the Underground, I bought an expensive teacup. I held it by the handle and it broke off. It was really bad quality." I nod at his answer and pick up my tea, normally. I take a sip, and it won't lie, this tastes amazing.

"I can tell you like it." He answers after taking a sip of his.

"How?" I ask.

"It's my turn for as question. Do you still think you are going to be tortured?"