Chapter 12

"What?" Levi immediately asks. I notice the Commander walk in and cross his arms.

"Where have you been Levi?" He asks. Levi limps over to Erwin before answering.

"Making my way back to the HQ Eyebrows."

"Took your time. I arrived 2 house ago, and I also had to justify myself in court before leaving. Cadet?" The Commander stares at me.

"Sir!" I salute, "W-" Levi answers for me instead, "The cart wasn't where we thought it was so Cadet L/N had to carry me back here, by ODM. You can imagine how tired she must be so stop shitting yourself with worry and let us rest."

"Hm... Okay. Levi meet me in my office by 11." The Commander says before leaving. I follow behind him to return my gear. When we enter a hallway he finally acknowledges me. "Cadet L/N, why are you following me?"

"To return the gear Sir." I say. We arrive in front of his office and he gestures for me to enter, before he sits down at his desk. I start undoing the straps around my waist and removing the gear.

"So tell me Y/N, why did you make yourself look extra nice today?" Erwin finally speaks.

"You said you were going to introduce me to someone, I wasn't sure who." I say, putting the ODM and blades on the side of his desk. "Wasn't worth it in the end" I say with a laugh and he joins. He glances at me before excusing me. I leave and head to the Mess Hall. I sit with Levi, Eren and Mikasa on our usual squad table. Feels quite empty now.

"You look great Y/N." Eren says when he sees me and smiles.

"Oh. Than-" Levi cuts me off, "Choke on your food, Titan Boy."

"Okay Sir?" He glances at the Corporal before continuing to eat his food.

"So the plan worked, but wasn't very successful. Annie is trapped in her crystal and many buildings were destroyed. We haven't exactly discovered anything new. Which makes the MPs a bit more pissed but the Survey Corps has been mostly cleared from any suspicion." Mikasa explains.

"That's good." I add. I get up from the table and say a simple "Goodnight" before heading to my room. I lay in bed in thought for a few hours. Today's events were different, in all honesty. A disastrous victory. I finally fall asleep.

***

I'm awoken by Mikasa, I check the clock and its 4 in the morning. My eyes widen and I'm about to question when Mikasa puts her finger on her lips. I quickly understand and get up. She throws me a fresh uniform and I put it on. She also points at the gear, that I put on too. What is going on??

She walks out of the room and I follow behind her, I guess we are going to the Mess Hall as per usual. We arrive there and I see The Commander and Section Commander Hanji, Levi, Eren and Armin. I salute and they all stand up, going to the stables. Dear Walls, what's going on?

A cart and carriage show up to take us. The Commander boards the carriage alone, while the rest of us take the cart. We enter and I sit beside Levi. The cart starts moving and we all remain silent.

As soon as we are out of the surrounding area of the HQ, Hanji speaks. "There are Titans in the Wall Y/N" I glance up at her, my lip twitching.

"You're not serious." I stare her in the eye.

"I am. When the Female Titan was trying to climb the Wall and escape, she managed to damage the Wall. Which left part of the wall exposed to us. Reports came back on still Titans in the Wall. We are heading to Wall Sina to investigate. Mentioned in the report I received is that the people that worship the Walls are going crazy over this, we must also investigate this too." Hanji continues.

"So what are your thoughts on the current situation." Levi asks me. I glance at him before answering.

"Either the Titans have been hiding in the Walls for a sneak attack or the Walls are ma-" I feel a sharp pain pass my head. I immediately put my hand on my head and wince. The pain quickly subsides. I catch everyone looking at me so I quickly clear my throat. "Cadet?" I hear Levi say. I glance at him before simply answering with a "I'm fine. As I was saying, its either that or the Walls are made of Titans."

"Don't shit yourself." The Captain remarks. Hanji stares at me, before saying "Elaborate."

"I can't say much, since I haven't seen the Titan." I say.

For the first time Armin speaks up, "Y/N seems to be on the right track."

"Oh My Dear Walls..." I begin.

"What?" Mikasa asks.

"What if, just a what if, the Wall, is somewhat similar to what Annie did? What if the Titans in the Walls, encased themselves in a crystal, similar to Annie."

Hanji's eyes light up to what I said.

***

We had just been setting a temporary piece of cloth over the exposed Titan, according to Minister Nick, a Wall worshipper, it was absolutely necessary. Hanji has been threatening him to spill information, But dear old Pastor Nick is too faithful.

"You know your friends are being closely watched." Levi says limping over to me. I raise an eyebrow and he continues, "Mike is watching over them to see if any of them are like Titan Boy here."

Hmm... Imagine if there were, they would be considered traitors for not owning up about it earlier.

"I hope there aren't any, but we get new surprises all the time." I answer. I look over the walls and see thousands of people evacuating to Wall Sina.

"Levi, I have an idea."

"What?"

"Why don't we show Pastor Nick what is happening due to him not helping us with all the useful information he is holding to himself." I point to the people evacuating and he nods.

I mention it to Hanji and before you know it, we are down on the surface, watching adults and children without homes leave their town.

"This happens every time a Wall falls. Shiganshina was worse." I say staring Pastor Nick in the eye. His face looks very sullen, but I'm not sure if he will spill anything to us.

"Wait Y/N, you're from Shiganshina?!" Eren asks me.

"Yeah. How did you not know?" I ask him confused, we've known each other for so long, how does he not know this.

"I didn't know either." Mikasa says, "Neither did I" Armin adds.

"What part?" Eren asks.

"Too be honest, I can't remember, well I'm not willing to remember. But I lived in the countryside, the place was quite isolated, so we didn't get the news fast. More of, we didn't get the news at all." I reply and I darkly chuckle.

"You know what, I remember you from the first day they were giving out rations. You got in trouble because you complained about how bad the bread tasted." Armin adds. I internally cringe.

"Yup, that was me." We walk towards our cart and mount it, this time, I sat beside Armin, who I'm sure was chuckling, and it was clearly about me.

***