Chapter 25

Mikasa makes a serious face before answering, "Yes Sir."

"Captain they're here!" Armin shouts to me, "Multiple enemies from the right."

"We're Turning!" I shout. I use my gear to grip to a building and my gas to fly up. Someone shoots at me and I block it with my sword. I quickly go in and somehow, slice their whole head off.

I slice another's neck but soon I hear Mikasa yell, "JEAN!" I quickly glance back to see someone aiming a gun at Jean. I block another bullet and slice the persons neck.

I am a mass murderer.

Armin kills the person with a handgun and I'm sure that person was his first.

***

We sat around a fire that had a pot hanging over it. We're currently in some weird stable and we're about to eat. Although, I'm not sure anyone, except Sasha, has an appetite.

"This filthy stable make you lose your appetite?" Levi asked Armin, who looks pale. Earlier Sasha stitched Levi up and now he seems quite, jumpy? Might be the right word.

"We need to accept the fact we are criminals. We are wanted. And Levi and I are mass murderers." I add, not helping the situation, and I know.

"Jean," Armin starts, and I already know where this is going, "There's something I don't understand. Well, honestly, when I pulled my gun, I thought it would be too late. I'm sorry, but she already had her gun pointing at you... So, I can't stop wondering why I was first to shoot."

"Because she hesitated for a moment, right?" I say.

Huh?" Armin says, a horrified look painted his face. Did he not notice..?

"Armin, I'm sorry. I should've fired, but I couldn't." Jean says, gritting his teeth.

"The woman I killed was probably a kind person. She was much more human than me... But I was ready to pull the trigger." Armin says.

"Armin haven't we all acknowledged you aren't human? I mean there isn't any human who is as smart as you and has the same wicked humour." I mutter. Armin manages a little smile.

"Your hands are dirty, you can't go back to where you were." Levi says breaking the mood.

"Why would you say that..?" I begin, then sigh, "But its true Armin, if you hadn't dirtied your hands, Jean wouldn't be here right now. Jean you owe Armin a priceless handkerchief."

"Armin, In a way, you saved us by getting your hands dirty, and I am grateful." Levi says.

***

I stood in a big field watching the MP's compound. I let Levi and a few others get the uniforms from some random MP. One of the Pro's of being a Captain, you can order people around!

"Let's go. This time we strike first." I say to Levi, Sasha, Jean, Connie and Mikasa, the only people who are here for the attack.

We went into the compound and Levi and I kidnapped a man while the others, injured his men. We left the compound and headed deeper into thee field we were in before, closer to where our hideout is. I lay the injured man against a tree and started questioning him.

"Nice mustache you have there, but do me a favour and tell me where Eren and Christa are." I first ask.

"Did you kill my men?" He asks, clearly avoiding my question.

"Not the correct answer, but if it helps you sleep at night, they won't be able to walk in a long time." I smile, referring to Mikasa and the others cutting off or stabbing their legs and feet. "Now, where are Eren and Christa?"

"Ha. Don't you sound brave. You think you're something special? You think cutting down a bunch of unarmed MPs makes you special. I think you should know. some of those men and women were just servaants, but you cut them all down with no mercy." He says, almost with a grin.

"I see. What a horrible thing we have done." Levi interjects. Levi kicks his foot into the guys mouth and leave sit there. Oh gosh, that's disgusting. We trekked on muddy grass all the way here.

"I feel awful for all of you, too. And I especially feel bad about your mouth. I'd suggest you use it while you're still able to speak. Where are Eren and Christa?" Levi glares down at the man, then removes his foot.

"Useless, its useless, no matter what you try to do, the only option for the Survey Corps has left is to stay on the run inside the Walls!" He glances at me then continues, "Except you, you can stay with me her-" I immediately slam my knee into his face and keep a poker face. I hear a satisfying crack and drop my foot. Blood streams down his crooked nose.

"You were saying?" I ask. He glares at me before spitting some blood.

"You're are nothing more than a pack of filthy rats now! You'll be lucky just to survive!" he shouts. I slam my foot into his face, injuring him again. This guy is useless. I pull his collar up and bring him to look me in the eye.

"Look, categorise the rest of them as filthy rats, but refrain from adding me there. Derogatory terms aren't anyone's favourite." I say and then drop his head.

"Heh, imagine what they say to your comrades that you abandoned! If you don't surrender, the captured soldiers are to be hung! Why shouldn't they?! Considering what you've done, who's going to object?! And the one on the gallows first will be the man most responsible for all of this. YOUR LEADER ERWIN SMITH. Of course if you admit to acting on your own and give yourselves up, the lives of your innocent comrades could be spared, at least. Understand Girl? That's the only option you have left." The guy stands up, somehow and walks over to me.

Walls, he is like 6 foot. He gets closer to me and suddenly anxiety washes over me. What is he doing?! My feet are fucking glued to the ground by who?! He places his hands on my shoulder and I visibly shudder. Suddenly, Levi kicks the guy off of me. The man falls on the floor and I let out a sigh of relief. I glance at Levi and smile, although he just keeps a poker face.

"You're filthy, don't touch her." He simply says.

"I was saying, use your lives to save other, that's it. I'll speak on your behalf, it'll go better that way." The man says scratching his head.

"Don't bother." I say.

"Yes, I'll pass, just tell me where Eren and Christa are." Levi agrees. The males eyes widen and he stands up, staggering towards Levi.

"Huh. So you're going to watch your comrades be killed just to live a few days longer? What a strong bond you have with each other."

"Well, some Survey Corps lives are worth more than others. Only those dumb enough to agree to that join us." Levi pulls the guys arms behind his back and slam him against the tree. "Anyway, I doubt the crown would spare the others and throw away this perfect opportunity to exterminate the Survey Corps. " Levi lifts the guys arms higher and pushes him further into the tree. "This is for not answering the question by the way." I hear a crack and realise Levi broke his elbow. The man starts screaming and Levi glares at him.

"Shut up. Tell me where Eren and Christa are." I say.

"I-I DON'T KNOW! They barely tell us anything. Kenny Ackerman is extremely tight-Lipped!" He answers desperately.

"Ackerman?" I say, glancing at Mikasa. No shit are they related.