Chapter 10

Titans start coming out of the forest, due to a soldier's emotions getting to him. I don't blame him, but look at what it has caused. He now has two dead friends. I sigh and glance back, to see the titans nearer. Mikasa, Eren and I aren't at any risk, but Armin's cart is.

Soon they start dumping the bodies and I wince when I hear one hit the floor.

Eventually, the titans have been slowed down and we reach the gate.

***

2 days later, in the HQ, we receive some information on who the Female Titan is and we are going to capture her. I sincerely wasn't shocked to hear it was Annie.

It basically looked like what Annie's older sister would look like if she had one. She also killed Sawney and Beane, which is very irritating.

The plan was for Eren, Mikasa and Armin to lead her to the Underground, where she can easily be stabilized and captured. I had no work in any of this. Actually nothing to do at all.

But according to Erwin, I am to follow him and Levi to Stohess. Not completely sure why but, why not?

I sat in bed thinking of how everything will unfold.

In the end, I got up and went to the kitchen to grab my usual cup of water.

I sat in the Mess Hall and watched the sky from the window. Quite nice and deep today. I clean up the cup and step outside, grabbing my horse, and riding towards where forest with all the titan dummies. I stop at the entrance and lay against the grass, looking up at the night sky.

I take a deep breath, but I'm interrupted when I feel someone lay a hand on my shoulder. I quickly grab a the hand, but stop when I realise how cold the hand is. The Corporal. I tsk and glance at him to confirm and then sit down close to my horse.

"You're not going to attack me?" He asks, sitting near me.

"Well why would I attack my favourite Captain?" I ask, sarcasm laced all over my voice.

"Did I also hear you click your tongue?" The Captain fakes being shocked.

"It's your fault. How did you even get here?" I ask him.

"I followed you by horse Cadet." He bluntly says.

"Cause that's not creepy." I reply.

"There is something important, that I think is appropriate to mention now, due to past events." He ignores me.

"Yes Captain?" I glance at him and see him looking at me.

"Its just the reason why I didn't want you on my squad." He continues. I nod and he says, "You know your deceased squad member, Gunther? Rest in peace." I nod and whisper 'rest in peace'.

"You do realise it was him that night? The night you were cleaning the stables and someone tried to a-" I quickly cut him, "It was him?!" I put my hands on my head and lower it in shame. My horse neighs beside me.

"Yes. I figured him being on the same squad would be, triggering, for you. So I tried to make sure you weren't on my squad, which resulted in useless insults against you. Even the letter which stated this didn't bother Eyebrows. The heartless freak." He whispers the end.

Did the Commander really not care? Well I guess he did ask me that day and I said it didn't bother me.

"I'm glad to have Eren, Cadet Ackerman and you on my squad anyway." The Captain finishes. I nod at him before making eye contact.

"Thank you Captain, for your consideration." I finally say. I break eye contract and stare at the moon. There's silence so I assume the Captain is too.

"Cadet?" He asks in the usual monotone.

"Yes Captain?" I answer.

"I have never heard of the L/N Bloodline. Tell me about it." He glances at me but quickly looked forward.

"Bloodline?" I ask, "Its just an average last name." I reply. My family was just average.

"You need to sleep Y/N" He says, out of the blue. Still shocked by him using my first name, I answer.

"Eh, yes C-captain, I will head to bed now." I say mounting my horse. He follows suit and mounts his horse, sighing in the process.

"I would prefer Levi" He says. I nod at him and we ride our way back to the HQ in silent. At the stables, I put my horse back and make sure to lock the gate, while Levi waits for me. He did his too fast. We walk inside and before we depart I say, "Goodnight Levi."

"Goodnight Y/N" He says before entering his room.

Sweet. First name basis. I return to my room and lay in bed. From beating each other's asses, we know sit comfortably together.

***

I'm not required to get up as early as the others, but I get up when Mikasa is about to leave anyway. I brush my teeth and wash my face before putting on a fresh uniform. I'm not completely sure who the Commander is introducing me too, but first impressions count. I brush my hair nicely and tie it in a neat bun.

I leave my room and enter the Mess Hall, sitting beside Levi and the Commander.

"You look beautiful today Cadet" The Commander glances at me. I glare at him before saying "Thank you Sir."

The Commander looks at Levi, who then says, "I told her about my letter to you on her leaving my squad."

"Oh. Cadet, it was a misunderstanding. You didn't seem fazed by it, so concluded you were fine with it, which you confirmed." The Commander says. I nod at him and start eating a piece of bread.

Can't blame him honestly.

"So in the interior, we will meet Commander Nile Dok. We must remain as calm as possible, even if the plan changes, we must not show it. We are supposedly going to discuss the outcomes of the previous expedition and introduce our new Cadet, Y/N. Since Levi is too injured to fight, Cadet you are also there to protect him from the Female Titan, in any worse scenario, I trust you will be able to take her down. Also to protect him from any MP who threatens to shoot him." I nod in agreement even though internally I'm panicking.

So if anyone says they're going to shoot him, I just run and take the bullet?!

"That won't be necessary, because I can take care of my self." Levi glares at the Commander, who chuckles.

"Anyway, If Cadet Y/N or I need to fight, there is going to be 2 sets of ODM gear that will be put in the carriage." The Commander finishes and I drink some water.

Cool.

We are just casually bringing two titans to the Interior.

***