07| Confession

Emily Rose

Parker walked us to his large, black truck before saying, "I'm glad that you'd agreed to this."

I shrugged as Parker unlocked his car. "I need answers, don't I?" I asked rhetorically as I climbed inside his truck.

Parker nodded before starting the car and driving off.

I turned my head towards the window, looking outside at all of the passing buildings, "so where are you taking me?" I asked, a small smile on my lips.

"It's a secret."

Secret?

"Really? Fine, I'll guess... McDonalds?" I looked over at him as he smiled brightly before laughing. "Oh, come on, you're not saying anything. I need to guess!"

Parker turned his head towards me and gave me a funny smile. "I missed you."

I looked away, hiding my blush, not saying a word.

Tension and silence begins to fill the the car, suffocating the once loose and free environment.

Parker drives for a couple of minutes before turning  the truck into the park lot of a familiar modern bakery.

Excitement rises in me. "Oh my God, Lily's Bakery?!" I turns towards Parker and smile at him.

"Yep," he grins, shutting off the car. "our old hangout."

I shake my head, laughing. "Yeah," I look around at all the people walking around, going in and out of the bakery, "it's gotten more attention than it did when we went there." I noticed.

"Yeah, it turns out it was going to close but then someone bought a share of it and it bloomed." He told me as he hoped out of the truck.

Parker quickly moved over to my door and opened it for me. "Here you go..."

"Thanks,"

I get out of the car and we both walk towards the bakery, side by side.

Parker opens the door for me and a couple behind us.

They thanked him and he nodded.

"Well, that was nice," I said as we walked towards a random table together.

Parker looked over at me and shrugged, "just doin' what I was taught."

Parker and I sit down at a table and almost instantly a server comes over to our table and hands us some menus.

We both mutter a thanks and begin to look over our menus before our server, apparently his name was Alexander, comes back to our table and takes our orders.

Alexander soon then came back and took our orders; mine, a chocolate croissant and Parker's, a apple tart.

"We need to talk," Parker said, when Alexander was away from hearing distance.

I nod, "I know."

Parker begins, roughly running his hand through his hair. "Okay, the reason why-," he tried to start but I cut him off by lifting my hand.

"No, no. Not that part. Why are you here, Parker?" I asked and he bit his lip.

"Emily Rose, please, I'm trying to explain. I'll answer questions after my explanation." He messaged his temples, and I nodded as shame rushed through me, causing me to blush.

"Good," He sighs before continuing, "Okay, so before... that night, I knew I was going to leave." He admitted and my eyebrows furrowed as I scooted up in my chair.