20| Interrogation

Emily Rose

My eyes lingered on the screen in my arms.

Bonded to a chair was Tomas and he seemed to be smirking, but not just any kind of smirk. It was as if he knew something no one else knew, and honestly, it terrified me.

"Date: 3/6/13." Said a deep voice out of the screen.

5 years ago?

"Now, Mr. McCoy, my name is Stanley Richards and we don't need much, we just need you to help us." A lean, tall man appeared on the screen.

Stanley Richards?

"Please Mr. Stanley, we all know that's a fucking ploy." Tomas scoffed, raw anger shot through him. "Go play it on someone else."

The tall man in a boulder hat shook his head in disappointment. "Well, I think you've got us all wrong. You see, we don't want to hurt you, nor the people you work with. We just want what's right-."

"Bullshit!" Tomas interrupts. "You're not here to help me, you just want money; you all do!"

Stanley took a deep breath, "look, Tomas. May I call you Tomas?"

"No."

"Well look, Tomas, we both,"'Stanley gestured between the two, "we're the same, you and I. We all have one common goal. To help people."

Booming sounds of Stanley's heavy cowboy boots erupted around the room as he moved towards Tomas.

"Look, I'm trying to be nice here. You give us information and we lay you walk free, if you don't-."

The door knob began to turn.

Oh shit!

I quickly clicked out of the video and closed Parker's computer before it placing it back onto the counter.

"Hey, since you're up, I was thinking... we should watch a movie." Parker smiled as he walked through the door, a handful of envelopes in one of his hands.

He took a glance at me before stopping, his face clouded with worry. "What's wrong? You look as if you've seen a ghost."

Okay, we got this in the bag.

I shake my head, running my fingers through my hair. "Nothing, you know, life."

Why am I terrible at lying?

Parker furrowed his eyebrows, "okay..."

I gave him a warm smile and his face scrunched up in disgust. "You okay? You look constipated."

Oh, great!

"Fine."

"Alright... so I was thinking about a movie. It doesn't matter what movie; horror, action-" He paused before continuing, "chick-flicks. Whatever you wanna watch, we'll watch it."

I began to rock on my heels, "well, actually, I think I'm going to hang out with Camara, today."

Parker stops, his face drops. "Umm... Okay... I guess what makes you okay." He walks towards his computer before picking it up. "Do you need a ride?"

I shake my head, "Nah, Camara can pick me up. You know since she's been asking to hang out recently, and she wants to know where you live."

That's not a lie.

Seriously, she's been blowing up my phone with text messages constantly; everyone has.

"Okay. I gotta some extra stuff I can finish off. Have fun." He leaves me in the room alone with only my thoughts and a newly formed plan.