10| A New Normal

Emily Rose

"Are you ready to go?" Cameron asked me as she stood in the doorway of Tomas' hospital.

I nod, daring not to speak.

After a week of staying in this shitty hospital room, I can to the striking conclusion that I can't keep staying here, waiting for Tomas to wake up.

It's not healthy for me and he'll sure be pissed when he wakes up and realizes that I've spent most of my days and nights in here, instead of running my business and living.

Cameron's eyes slip towards Tomas' laying body. She stares at him for a second before drawing her attention back towards me and giving me a sad smile. "Okay, then let's go.

I take one last look at my fiancé and blow him a kiss before we leave the room.

Cameron and I walk side by side as we walk towards the hospital's front doors.

I take a quick glance at the familiar waiting room, that used to be filled with a crowd of people all worried for Tomas and his safety, was now near empty.

That's the thing about people, the only time they'll actually care is when you're being born or dying. Otherwise that they'll leave and you'll probably near see them again.

My heart begins to pain as I began to think of Parker.

Right after I heard his conversation with Colton, Parker disappeared, not showing up for six days.

A couple days ago, while I was going to the bathroom, I overheard Cameron and Colton talking about him.

"Dumbass, he's such a dumbass." Cameron whispers, her voice coming off cruel and harsh.

"Calm down, okay? I know he'll show up sometime." Colton said calmly.

"It's been 4 days, Colton! 4! It hasn't been this bad since he disappeared on us the first time." Cameron scoffed.

"Maybe he's taking some air—," Colton tried to say but Cameron quickly cut him off.

"Why the fuck are you defending my dumbshit brother, I thought he hated him."

"I-I don't know what I think Cameron. Last time I checked, everything was happy and Parker was the bad guy. Now I'm not so sure..." Colton's voice drawls out, pensively.

Cameron let's out a small and frustrated groan. "Ugh, I can't deal with this."

"I know," Colton agrees before saying, "do you think he would leave just after getting Emmie to himself."

Cameron let out a mirthless laugh, "God, my brother's so fucked up, I thought I would know him more," she sighs, "I just hope this isn't part of one of his calculated plans."

There's a pause of silence.

"Fuck," Colton curses, "let us pray not."

"Emily? Emily?" Cameron's voice calls out to me and I jump.

"Y-yeah?"

"I asked you a question." She looks towards me for a second before furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh sorry," I shake my head and let out a fake laugh, "got caught in my thoughts."

"I can tell," she nods as we reach the front doors.

Cameron grabs into the door handle and is about to open the door when my name is called out.

"EMILY ROSE? EMILY ROSE SHIVERS?"