08| Wreak

‼️READ AUTHOR'S POST AT THE END FOR INSIGHT‼️

Emily Rose

Parker's car couldn't have driven any slower, it's almost as if he didn't even want us to get there at all.

"Can you please speed the fuck up!" Cameron complained. Groaning from the backseat.

"I will kick your ass out of this car, Cameron. Don't try me." Parker threatened as kept the car at the same speed.

Cameron rolled her eyes, "our friend's fiancé might be dying, stop being so damn selfish!"

"I'm not alright," Parker said, pointing towards the nearby speed limit sign. "The speed limit said to go 40, I'm going forty."

Cameron groans, "Oh, come on. Everyone knows that you can five above the speed limit!"

"Well, not me." Parker snaps.

Cameron slumps in her seat, "you've always been a shit liar." She sneers at him before looking out of the window and keeping quiet.

Truly I would've loved to listen to Cameron and Parker's bicker all day but my mind wouldn't stop racing. All I could think about was if Tomas was okay.

I was trying my hardest to keep it together; breaking down, screaming in front of my bridal shop isn't what I want to repeat again.

Not in front of Parker.

Never in front of Parker.

Ever since we got in the car, he's been watching me out of the corner of his eyes ever. Probably afraid I'm going to break down again.

"You okay?" He asked, his voice wary.

"If you hurried up then maybe I would be." I snapped. And instantly regretted it.

I heard a small snicker come out of Cameron's lips.

Parker bit his lip, thinking for a second, before nodding his head in understanding.

"I know you're going through a difficult time, so Im not going to take that personally." He told me as he sped the truck.

I looked out of the window, tears beginning to resurface again, not saying anything.

I didn't want Parker's pity, all I wanted was a perfect and healthy Tomas.

All I wanted was him.

*****

The hospital felt like a fucking death wish.

People moved around like ghosts, no where to go, stuck in time.

Forever.

No wonder why I felt like vomiting.

Tomas' room was in room 208. Everyone, he and I knew were crowded in the waiting room, waiting.

When I first arrived, my eyes caught onto my family; my mother, Amelia Tate, my father, Liam, and my two brothers, Colton Wesley and Jake.

"Honey," My mom instantly saw me and walked towards me, embracing me in her arms.

"Hey Mom," I said as I snuggled into her hug.

We stood there for a while, hugging, and I tried my best to cherish it, but I couldn't help but think.

I pull away from my mother. "Did they- are they-," I try to ask but the words can't seem to escape my lips.

My mother gives me a sad smile and shakes her head, "they haven't said anything. All we know is that he's in surgery, been in there for a while now."