16| Changed

Emily Rose

"Really? I thought we were getting me new furniture, why are we here?" I groaned in frustration.

After spilling my guts out in front of Parker by telling him that we have no future together at all, then having  to endure a whole car ride in total silence and awkwardness- you know, except for the angry strings cursing that came from Parker's lips, which if I'm completely honest, would even put the saltiest sailors to shame- all I wanted to do was get my furniture, go home, stuff my face into the nearest bed and drown myself in a pit of self pity and pillows. Lots and lots of pillows.

But life doesn't work that way and by life, I mean, the pouting asshole standing right next to me.

"You said that you didn't know if we could be better than we were then and I want to prove it to you that we can." Parker explained, his face emotionless.

I scoffed, "and you decided that a skating rink,
would be the way to prove it to me?"

A lopsided grin overtook his face. "Yep." He said before walking away from me and towards the front entrance of the building.

"What about my new furniture?"

"We'll get it later. Come on, Emmie, let me prove it to you that I'm not a complete jerk."

"Yeah, right," I muttered under my breath.

"Come on, I got the car keys  and your phone." Parker called out as he held out the front door for me.

My phone..?

I looked down and patted against my pockets to find them completely empty.

What the hell.

I looked up to see a Parker with a smirk on his face, holding up my phone.

"Come on, it's only for 10 minutes. You'll be fine."

"You know, stealing my phone doesn't help you get any points in the 'I've changed' department, right?"I rolled my eyes as walked up towards him.

Parker shrugs, "I'll start proving it to you, once we get into the building."

I stop in front of him. "Phone, now."

Parker leans into me and raises an eyebrow. "What's the magic word?"

I smile sweetly, "give my phone now or next thing that'll be missing will be your eye."

He fakes a winced. "Feisty. Put your claws back in, Emmie. I didn't find out your password," he pauses, a cocky smirk plays on his lips, "... yet."

Parker hands me my phone and I snatch it out of his hands before walking inside the skating rink.

"Changed, my ass." I mutter under my breath.

*****

The bright, florescent lights flashed around the rink as it supported a couple, man and a group of kids.

As I sat on the wooden bench, I stared at the hard wood on the rink. My stomach was doing that weird twisting and turning thing and my legs felt like jelly. A pair of size 7 skates laid lifeless beside me and I could've almost swear that I never learned how to skate.

I know, crazy right?

But I never learned. My mother was one of those "health comes before fun" kind of parents and stopped me from any kind of danger, which in her book includes skating. So every birthday party and family gathering, my brothers and I were those weird kids that would sit out and arcade games instead.

I guess I didn't realize that while I was arguing with Parker.

My gaze shifted over towards the whistling baboon beside me. "You ready?" He asked me as he happily tied his skates.

I gulped, my throat suddenly dry.

"Emily?" Parker stopped what he was doing and turned towards me, concern masked on his face. "You okay?"

I bit my lip and hesitated. "Yeah... yeah, I'm good."

Parker stands up and squats in front of my closed legs.

I lowered my head.

"Emily..." he pauses, and slips two fingers under my chin, forcing me to look up and into his eyes. "You don't know how to skate, don't you?"

Tingles rushed up my arms as my heart began to beat faster. The more I stared into Parker's captivating eyes, the more I began to drown into the mixture of russet and chocolates. Every little part of him shocking me with a felling that I knew too well, a feeling that I had gotten caught up with years ago. I let it take over me and decide who I was and who I wanted to become...

I let it consume me and now look where I am.

He's too close...

I grabbed onto Parker's arm and pulled his fingers away from me.

Parker glimpsed at his hand for a second before bringing his attention back to me.

"I never learned." I explained, "you know my mom, you know how she is."

A line appeared between his brows, confusion crossing his face. "Why did you tell me that years ago? I would've taken you."

I bite my lip and let out a fake laugh. "It was the Parker Show back then, nothing I'd said would've mattered." I try to joke but his confusion transforms into a blinding seriousness.

"That was a long time ago." Parker mutters under his breath, "this time, you're going to be the star of the show."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked reluctantly.

Parker's serious nature seems to dissipate into the air as a playful smile. "I'm gonna teach to skate, dummy."

*****

Hey guys!

Happy Belated New Years!!

I'm back!!

I know I took a break, which I'm sorry for, but finals and Christmas came and I wanted to give them my full attention before I try anything else.

But now they are gone and it's time to continue writing and finish what I started.

Next chapter will be more fun because I'm tired of writing sad chapters, and they can be draining.

Anyways, I hope you liked Chapter 16 of The Love That Is Parker Bowmen.

Remember don't forget to vote, comment and add to your library, if you want more!