26| Clueless

Emily Rose

I stared at men as they told their stories.

I stayed silent as I heard each of them speak unlike Camara who seemed to comment or gasp at times she thought it was necessary. And the weirdest thing was how each told their story. While Tomas sounded unapologetic and blunt telling his story with a soft smile of memories, Parker's eyes wouldn't leave mine. I could see the regret on his face. I could see it all. And that made it worse.

Parker's studied me uneasily as bags hung from his eyes. His hair poked out in multiple places from him taking his fingers through it so much. He stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"Emily?" He called out and my throat closed.

"S-so you're telling me that you've been playing with my life like this for the longest time?" My heartfelt like it was breaking. My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at the two men. A puppet. I'm a goddamn puppet and I allowed myself to be that.

"No, it's not-," Parker tried to explain as he came close but I stumbled back, my body hitting one of the end tables with a beautiful vase on it. I twisted just in time to see the vas shattered to the floor.

I peered at the broken vase in front of me.

"Em?" Tomas called out and a pair of hands touched my shoulders.

Stepping into action, I sharply drew my shoulders back, shaking the person off of me. "DON'T TOUCH ME!" I twisted around towards the person and smacked them in the chest before shoving them away.

I stumbled back again and clenched my head.

I wanted the truth. I wanted to know EVERYTHING. How foolish was I? I could've — I should've known. So many goddamn signs and I missed them all. Every last one.

A small knock sounded around the room and someone invited that person into the room; I don't know who but someone did because the person walked into the room and announced. "Hello, I'm Officer Sinclair and I'll like to have a word with Mr. McCoy if I can?"

I was suffocating and everything was too much. Too many secrets. Too many lies. Too many crimes.

Don't remember much but tears. Tears burned my eyes as they poured down my face uncontrollably.

"EMILY!" I heard Parker's voice scream as I used the last of my energy to sprint. Sprint to the nearest taxi.

And now I'm here.

I glanced at the two-story building in front of me. Beautiful brink covered the first story of the building while the second story had a more gray cover on it. Concrete, I'm guessing. I never ready concentrated on that before. Out of all my years of being here. I never really noticed the way my own store building was set up.

I stared up at the glorious sign of the building.

H𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕚𝕟' 𝔽𝕠𝕣 𝔸 𝕎𝕖𝕕𝕕𝕚𝕟'

Completely Clueless, I muttered to myself. As I kicked a rock around. "I can't believe it... I'm such a dumbass."

"No, you're not." A voice answered behind me and I whirled around before groaning, "go away, Parker."

"We need to talk." He rubbed the back of his neck as he smiled sheepishly and dug one of his shoes into the concrete.

"No, we shouldn't," I disagreed as I wrapped my arms around me to hide my shiver. I didn't realize how cold it was outside.

Parker noticed what I was trying to do before shoving off his hoodie. He pulled it over his head and a small part of his shirt slipped up with it; revealing his toned stomach. I glanced away, my cheeks burning red even though it was chilly and I only wore a simple t-shirt.