CHAPTER 3: Seeing Familiar Faces

Location: Libero, Night Kingdom

As we arrive at Libero a few people come to greet us and offer my parents to show them around the town which really doesn't seem to have much to show. Oswald and my father unload the carriage while some ladies talk to my mom and try to make small talk to me. "We don't typically have people move into town because of that horrid forest," a lady tells my mom. "What made you guys move here?" another lady ask. " My husband and I were looking for something more peaceful for the children" my mother replied. "What about the forest? why is it horrid?" I ask the lady enthusiastically. The lady seems taken back "well it's filled with all sorts of wild animals and monsters, many claim it to be haunted" she says in a low voice as if trying to keep someone from hearing. "You hear that Naeva, so I don't want you going anywhere near it," my mom says looking at me as if she was reading my mind.

"Fine" I answer and walk away to see if there is anything I can help with. I unpack the stuff in my room and start to put everything away when my father enters. "Your mother wanted to make sure you were still in your room and not trying to go the forest," he says as he enters the room. "The forest? What forest?" I say as I hide a bag I separated with stuff to take to my hike. "The one the ladies mentioned to you and your mother," he said crossing his arms. "Ah that forest, yeah no worries" I answer him with a smile. "Naeva, we're serious whether those rumors are exaggerated or not try to stay away from there," he says with a worried expression. "How about just a little adventure there?" I ask him.

"No" he responds in a stern tone. "Come on, just to the edge, I'm even asking permission, please," I say pleading him. "No Naeva, the townspeople have been living here and must be scared of it for a reason" he replies. "Okay, then around town?" I ask since he doesn't seem like he'll actually give me permission for the forest I'll just stick to my original plan of going on my own later. "Only around the town and I don't wanna hear that you cause trouble to the neighbors," He said hesitantly. "No worries," I answer with a smile. I have plenty of time to wander around since I didn't really bring much, to begin with.

"I'm going for a walk," I told my mother as I opened the door. "Okay, have fun" she responded as I continue before I bump into Oswald "Where do you think you're going fun-size?" he asked me rubbing my head. " I'm going to take a walk, now If you'll excuse me I'll be on my way" I responded while I fixed my hair, he smiles and goes into the kitchen. I continued walking looking around the scenery, Sometimes flying to get a better view of the way. There where a couple of buildings, mainly large open spaces with a few trees.

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom.

Winston Age: 16

It was already mid-day in the castle and Winston was looking around the kitchen for the right ingredients. "Is there more flour?" He asked the kitchen staff as they watched him. "No, sir some of us are actually planning on going later today," One answered taking a step forward. Winston leaned on the counter "I need this for now not later, I have magic lessons later. Can't one of you guys go now?" He asked looking at all of them. "We apologize but we actually need to start preparing dinner," Another said looking out one of the windows. "... Then I'll go, which town is the closes and which path do I take?" he asked taking a notebook and pen to write the directions. "The closest is Bondania, down the west path. The entry should be just path Angke cove." One answered watching him write the notes. "Alright, thanks," Winston said quickly leaving.

"And where might you be going?" Ethel said watching him from the top of the staircase. "Mother... I'll be back in a bit. I just need more flour for the carrot I'm making," He answered slowly stepping closer towards the door. "Who's going with you?" she asked using her magic to lock the doors behind him. "I'm pretty sure I can do fine on my own. Sullivan is upstairs dealing with the advisor work and Milan is practicing magic and but the time they can accompany me I won't need the flour," Winston said trying to use his magic to counter the spell his mother had put. "So you're sure you know the way?" his mother asked. "How hard can it be I just need to follow the west path and go pass Angel Cove right, easy," Winston responded looking at his notes to make sure he said the right thing. "Very good, then I expect you to follow those directions and get back then," she responded unlocking the door. "Yeah, Don't worry," Winston said leaving before she could change her mind.