Chapter 47: Guardian

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom - 1915 - 3 years

Frederick: 65 Lucius: 59 Princeton: 57

Orisis: 37 Hadleigh: 36 Alvin: 36 Nereus: 35 Brenda: 32 Pamela: 31

A few days passed and Brenda finally managed to convince Princeton to let her move out after taking a few sword fighting lessons by Frederick. Alvin and Penny had a daughter who they named Paisley. They had moved to Bondania to care for Lea sweet shop until she was able to manage it herself. As for Lea, she stayed in the forest or in Mount Uruas under the care of Frederick. They had gone to the forest for some paperwork and Lea and Princeton was outside in the garden as he showed her the various plants. Frederick went to Winston's office to see if he could get in contact with Hyacinth since they hadn't heard from her in a while though he liked it that way, the fact that they seemed to have stopped aging was quite concerning. "Hyacinth?!" Frederick called out as he opened the bookcase door that led to the gem. "King Silas, have some inquiries for Hyacinth!" he continued but still no response.

He arrived at where the gem was and tried again, after many failed attempts he sat down against the wall and closed his eyes. "Ricky~," Hyacinth said appearing right in front of him. She caressed his cheek. Frederick opened his eyes. "NO, Don't touch me. I just need to talk with you." Frederick said standing up and moving away from where she was. "Uhuh, So tell me what can I do for you? Let me guess you want to know about why your still so young do you not?" Hyacinth said teleporting next to him. "Yes, so answer," Frederick said trying to keep his distance. "No, no it won't be fun that way. Just take it as luck you know how many people so dearly wish to find the fountain of youth. Besides aren't you curious about meeting the next Guardian?" Hyacinth said walking to where the gem was. "The next Guardian?" Frederick asked. "Oh yes, that's what the forest needs, not just the forest keeper. But tell me how many years have gone by, our time is extremely different isn't it?" She said putting her hands on the gem.

"... You don't have a sense of time while you're locked?" Frederick asked. "No, much like you if you're in your office you don't experience the sunset or sunrise, time doesn't seem to pass," Hyacinth answered turning around to see him. "Well then let's see last we saw you were probably about maybe 30 something years now," Frederick answered trying to think. "Ish, no wonder we feel a bit stiff," Hyacinth answered. "We?" wait, you know who the next Guardian is and when they'll take over?" Frederick asked. "I might, or might not. Say you believe quite a lot I say how do you know I'm not just messing with you?" Hyacinth said. "I rather believe something then nothing in life besides you gain nothing lying to me," Frederick answered. "Oh you clever boy," Hyacinth answered. "So what do we have to do with the new Guardian? Why are we not aging?" Frederick continued.

"You're not aging because I think it would be interesting, not only that a new forest keeper hasn't been assigned aside from Princy and well removing you would greatly increase the damage the kingdom takes from Princy's reign and he needs Luci to help him balance the energy the others are just for my personal amusement." She responded shrugging her shoulders. "Does Silas actually allow you to do this?" Frederick asked. "Sila's he agrees with my methods though for more boring reasons unlike mine, so yes, he lets me you know it's always quite easy to convince him," she responded. "Just how much power do you have?" Frederick asked. "Quite unlimited, now do you know why Winston locked me up?" Hyacinth asked walking through the corridor that leads to Winston's office. "But your still able to use your power despite being locked?" he asked following her. "Of course it's only the vessel that's locked I told you I'm the forest," she responded as they arrived at the office where Princeton and Lea had just entered as well.

"Hyacinth long time no see," Princeton said walking over to hug her. "Hi Princy, and little Filedaeria," Hyacinth said glancing over to Lea. "Who is she?" Lea asked glancing up to her father. "She's the forest, she very pretty isn't she?" Princeton answered as Lea nodded. "See Ricky when will you learn," Hyacinth said pinching Fredericks cheek. "hands off," Frederick said slapping them off but she switches the other hand with a wide smile on her face. "So have you asked her about the aging?" Princeton asked. "Oh he did, he didn't even as how I was doing can you believe it? Anyway, any other inquiries?" She continued wrapping her arms around Princeton. "You know my inquiries," Princeton answered doing the same. "Can you two not, especially with Lea," Frederick said pulling Hyacinth away. "Maybe later Princy, well then Ricky ask if you have a question," She said walking over to Winston's chair and taking a seat.

"How will we know who the Guardian or new Forest Keeper is?" Frederick asked. "You won't they will, they will know their place though they might need a little help adjusting to this life. The next forest keeper still has quite a long time before coming into place so it's alright, Any more or can I go?" She said looking at her nail. "Wait, I still have a few I just need to remember," Frederick said but she simply rolled her eyes and disappeared. "No! Hyacinth what about my time, you see what you do Ric you bored her away," Princeton said crossing his arms. "These are valuable questions that need to be answered whatever you had planned with her is not nearly as important," Frederick said frustrated.

The years continued to pass and things remained the same, they weren't able to get Hyacinth to respond or appear again. Frederick eventually started staying in Mount Uruas since it was quiet and traveled to help less often. After Sitara passed away Orisis started helping a bit more with the management of Whirling designs and took over the Tiria branch while Lucius stayed to continue the Wiseo branch. Lea took over the sweet shop and would often visit Brenda or vice versa. Alvin would get together with them on occasions but was usually busy. Brenda had worked as a nurse for sometime before started a rock group but she talked less and less to Princeton as time went by. Hadleigh married and had a daughter before passing away in a fire, her daughter Libbie was sent to live with Frederick in Mount Uruas. Pamela and Nereus continue to have little to no contact with Frederick though they were also in the same non-aging situation.

"Well? What are we doing, let us go see the next Guardian," Hyacinth said sitting on the tower of the castle overlooking Obscurity forest before vanishing into thin smoke.