CHAPTER 15: The Team

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

"Hey, Winston!" I said one day as he passed by my office. "Yes?" he said walking in. "How's the Night army?" I asked. "Night army? Well, the only soldiers the Kingdom has right now are the castle guards since almost everyone retired during Silas reign and there haven't been recruitments." He responded. "So we don't have one... Really, well then I want to start recruitment immediately" I said. "Alright, I'll get the head guard to send out fliers to the Kingdom" he responded writing a note on his notebook. "I want to go to them, I think it will be impactful if I attend and meet them personally" I responded. "Yeah, not gonna happen. Your safety is first. There could be assassins or just plainly insane people out there" He responded as if he forgot I lived out there without guards perfectly safe for who knows how long. "My magic is strong now I'm good with shadow techniques, and though I'm still shaky on the others there good enough for protection" I insisted.

"The answer is still no, The guards will be in charge of that. If you want to meet the recruits wait till they come for training." He said leaving the room and closing the door behind him. "Hm... yeah, how about no" I said to myself and began to make some plans.

Location: Terrana, Night Kingdom

When midnight came I grabbed one of my capes and left through my window. I used a teleportation spell to get through most of the forest. I managed to get to Terrana when I heard a commotion down towards the plaza. Two men were chasing a guy holding a bag filled with various medicinal herbs. "What's happening," I asked a person nearby. I had the cape's hood on so they couldn't see me properly. "That man has been robbing all the medical stands for months now," the person said slowly moving away from me.

"He's, quite quick," I said before the person slowly walked away, He can be useful for the team. I tried to use a trace spell to see where they might had gone to, I finally got the location and used a teleportation spell there. The men hadn't caught up to him but he was in an alley with a dead end. With a cover spell, I covered the entrance to the alley to keep the men from seeing him since that will only add to more trouble. The guy looked around as the alley got darker, I handed a note with direction to get to the castle since it probably wasn't a good time to sit and chat. After I made my way to the plaza again and I saw someone swiftly take a few things from the stand almost unnoticeable. That can be useful as well for attacks, so I headed over and gave him another note with the same directions.

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

I had to quickly get back to the castle since Winston promptly woke me up at five in the morning every day and I still wanted to get some sleep, also my back was aching. I got back and got probably an hour or two of decent sleep with a few nightmares, let's not forget those. Since Frederick usually had lessons or visited Nellie so I didn't see him often. Since it was one of those rare free days I went to take a walk with him around the forest. "How are your lessons going? The instructors aren't too ruff right?" I asked as he looked around for weirdly shaped rocks. "No, they're easy, hey, look mom it looks like a leaf, " he said giving me the rock so I can look at it.

"Yeah, it kind of does, how about aunty Nellie how's she doing?" I asked. "She's okay, She works a lot more now too," He said as he noticed the river up front and running towards it. "Be careful!" I said following him. "Can I take my shoes off? I promise to only stay on the edge" He said looking up at me. "Alright just be careful," I said. I found a boulder and went to sit on it while he looked for more rock on the water. I heard some footsteps walking over and got up trying to figure out where it was coming from. "Are you two real?" A guy asked cautiously walking over. Frederick looked up and ran towards me, " Yes, we are." I answered, once I said this I recognized the man from the one at the alley.