CHAPTER 14: The Castle of The Forest

Part 2: Naeva's Reign

Location: Terrana, Night Kingdom

Ingrid Age: 18

The Kingdom was gloomy, as it mourned the loss of a king, the skies were cloudy ever since news came of the Queen returning to the forest without the company of her king. Because of this many business were closed or would close earlier than usually, "Hurry your ass up at this rate they'll catch you," Ingrid called out at the group of bandits she had recently joined. Her old group had already been capture for this same reason and in this type of lifestyle was every man for himself. If one got caught that was it, the others did nothing to go and help. They took what they wanted and needed with no restraint of who it might had belonged to.

Ingrid was vastly different from everyone in her group, she had come from a outer Kingdom where dragons reigned. She was half dragon herself but being from a noble family she was restricted her transformations since it was seen as barbaric. After so much endless pressure she ran away and for four years now she had spent it living the criminal life. While the weather remained this way the people continued to wear black saying that the weather had connections to the Queens emotion so as long as the clouds covered the skies the Kingdom would continue to mourn along with her. Ingrid would hear bits and pieces of folklore from the kingdom but would easily forget exactly the meaning of it.

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

After holding a burial ceremony for Owen the following days I stayed in my room. I had no energy to do anything or want to see anyone. If I tried to sleep everything would replay again, so I hadn't slept at all. Every day three times a day Winston would knock on my door and leave a tray of food but I had no appetite and the thought of it made me sick so I spent various days in bed.

The first two days Frederick just went upstairs and stood by the door to wait and see if she'd open, "Kid, your tutor is waiting," Winston said noticing him there for the third time in the day, "Is she in her office?" Frederick asked. "No she hasn't opened yet," Winston replied and Frederick reluctantly walked to his lesson. Once the lesson finished he ran to go check the office before heading to her room, he got there and noticed the empty office. "Winston! Winston!" Frederick yelled as he walked down the corridor as the maids ran to see if he was okay. "What's the matter Prince Frederick?" one asked. "Where's Winston" Frederick asked about to cry. "In his office" They answered and he ran to see him. "Winston!" Frederick said bursting in the room in tears and Winston stood up confused. "Kid, have some manner would you... what's the matter?" Winston asked.

"What's wrong with my mom? Why won't she come out?" Frederick asked trying calm down. "...She's grieving for your father, nothing else now please calm down this will only upset her more." Winston said kneeling to be at his height, "Say, why don't we do something to cheer her up?" Winston said patting Fredericks hair. "What can I do I'm little?" Frederick asked sniffling. "...Um I can teach you to play piano," Winston suggested. "Really?" Frederick asked. "Yeah, now come on," Winston said standing up and taking Fredericks hand. They walked to the music room where a grand piano stood in the middle of the room.

Location: Tiria, Lavine Kingdom

"Sir, you have a letter" a maid said one morning as Cornelius was getting ready to leave. "Thank you" he replied receiving the envelope he had never seen.

Dr. Charice,

I'am aware that our initial meeting wasn't under the best circumstances and I am in no position to ask for your aid. However, I cannot sit and do nothing any longer. Naeva hasn't come out of her room for weeks and refuses to eat. I've managed so far to get her what she needs to stay alive but Frederick sits in front of her door waiting for her to walk out, I've been trying to distract him with piano lessons, but he always runs back to her door. If there is anything you and your wife can do even your company for her and Frederick should be enough I ask that you came to the castle as soon as possible.