CHAPTER 16: The Lavine's

Location: Canterlot, Lavine Kingdom

For about a week I prepared to meet with the Lavine's. In the morning that we departed to Canterlot. Unlike the skirts or dresses my family had tried to get me use to wearing, I decided to wear something different from what typical girls would wear in this era. My outfit looked more closely to what a guy would wear apart from the more detailed designs and blouse and vest. Over I wore a my cape since it was a bit chilly. Owen of course had designed it, since he knew the skirts restricted a lot of what I did. My hair was pinned up in a bun instead of being loose or the usual ponytail I had it in so it was weird for me.

When we arrived Winston got off first from the other side and walked to open mine. We were greeted by Queen Isabel and her guards at the entrance "Guardian Naeva, it's a pleasure to final get to meet you personally" She greeted, she was clearly older than me and had a strong presence around her. "The pleasure is mine Queen Isabel" I responded and Winston gave a small bow. She kept her head up and just gave a quick glance towards Winston before shifting her gaze towards me. "Well, come on in. It'd be rude of me to allow my guest to stand at the entrance for so long" She said leading us in with her guards close by.

"How about some tea" She suggested as we walked through long corridors. "Yes, tea sounds great" I replied, not a fan of tea but it'd be rude to reject it. "Wonderful" She responded and we walked to a gazebo in their garden. Winston and the guards stood in the back while we had some tea and biscuits. After we finished and the maids moved the dishes away the king came to join us. "I apologize for my tardee, there was an urgent issue I could not ignore" He said. "It's quite alright, I'm in no hurry" I replied trying to stay sitting up right. "Your letter spoke of a proposition you wanted to make" King Lavine replied.

"Ah, yes. As you know since my father's death my kingdom has slowly been crumbling with very few pillars keeping it up, So I have come to a solution that not only will it convenient my kingdom but yours as well" I responded. "Go on" he responded intrigued leaning a bit forward. "The prisons in both our kingdoms are full with men and women that can be of if use if given the proper training" I responded hoping to keep them interested. "Prisoners? You want to use these men and you think you'll be able to order men who have no respect for the law to follow you" The king responded with a different expression.

"I do, I believe these men can change if given the chance they need. I'll take full responsibilities for any collateral" I replied. "And how do you supposed to do that, how will we know these criminals can change as you say" Queen Isabel questioned, I hadn't thought of that either. I can't just give the kingdom as collateral, and I don't think money is something the Lavine's need being one of the riches kingdoms. "These men if they do not change with the training I give I'll be sure to be personally incharge of the punishing them, To prove their change we can host competitions your team versus the mine, it'll serve to show their skills and a way of entertainment to the people" I responded.

"Competition against the Lightning Squadron and your team of criminals... I must say that does seem interesting.What do you think dear?" The King said glancing over towards the queen. "You seem to be sure this will work so, why don't you go ahead and give it a try" She said. "We'll permit you three years to train these men before the first competition" The King said as the queen stood up to stand next to him. I stood up and curtsied "Thank you" I responded. "Why don't we show you around, you can go to the prisons tomorrow" The King said and we began to walk around.

Compare to the castle in the forest the corridors had more light and the colors were more of pastels and light pinks with a lot of gold. Mine had more grays, and darker shades with silver. Winston and all the guards followed close behind the entire way as the Lavine's spoke a bit on political matters in their Kingdom and occasionally asking my opinion. As the sun began to set they had a maid show us where we would be staying. As soon as the maid left I plopped on the bed, my feet ached from all the walking around.