CHAPTER 10: Obscurity Forest

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

Winstone led us down through the tunnel that got took us to the side of the forest, The place was really dim, Winston seemed to be more afraid of the forest than Frederick. We eventually arrived at a castle located in the middle of the forest. "This is the place we're staying at?" Owen asked looking up at the place. "Yes, It's Naevas Castle," Winston said stepping forward. " Really, it's bigger than aunties house, dad," Frederick said excitedly. "You inherited an enchanted forest and a castle..." Owen said turning towards me. "Yeah, Come on," I said as I walked towards the entrance. Winston Opened the doors, The workers in the castle stopped what they were doing and stood to greet us.

"This is Naeva, Guardian Silas's Daughter she is the new Guardian" Winston introduced me. "Hi... just call me Naeva no need for formality, this my family. My husband Owen and my son Frederick. I look forward to getting to know you guys" I said cheerfully, though Winston didn't seem to approve my introduction. "Naeva... they're the workers you don't need to get to know them" Winston whispered. "But I want to," I answered. "Very well, Fabiana prepare a room for the boy" Winston ordered one of the workers there. "Yes, sir" Fabiana responded and immediately made her way upstairs.

"Mr. Wallace, I'll have someone set up a room for your work," Winston said turning towards him. " Thank you, but just call me Owen," Owen answered, he headed to unpack along with Frederick while I was going around the castle talking to all the workers. " How long have you guys worked here?" I asked one of the maids, " We were hired by Guardian Silas, Ma'am" she responded. " Ma'am? That makes me feel old, just call me Naeva, SO you guys knew my father?" I asked. " Yes, there is only one worker here that wasn't here during his reign, that would be Fabiana, apart from her we knew your father" She responded keeping her head low. " Oh, you guys aren't afraid of the forest? How do you guys get the shopping done?" I continued asking more and more questions each time.

"Mr. Wallace, I'll have someone set up a room for your work," Winston said turning towards him. "Thank you, but just call me Owen," Owen answered. After the room was prepared Owen began unpacking his stuff with the help of Frederick. Naeva was going around the castle talking to all the workers. "Is this room alright?" Winston asked Owen as he entered. "Yes, it's great, actually," Owen said organizing the sketches on the desk. "That's good, the boy's room is also ready," Winston answered. "Thanks, Federick if you want to go rest, you can go ahead and go," Owen said looking down at Frederick who was taking a few things out of the box. "I want to stay and help you," Frederick said with a smile as he handed Owen a folder with the names of the clients.

"Alright, but if you get tired go rest. Okay" Owen responded, Frederick gave a small nod and continued to help. "Is he your guy's actual son?" Winston asked looking down at the boy. "He is our son, yes" Owen replied, "I see, How long have you guys been married for," Winston asked. "About a year or so, why?" Owen responded looking up from his desk. "You've been married for a year and have a four-year-old son..." Winston said confused. " He's five, and yes," Owen answered. "Daddy adopted me," Frederick said with a smile, "so he's, adopted, that makes much more sense now," Winston said. "What do you mean?" Owen asked him. "Well, it didn't make sense for you guys to have a 5-year-old son when you've only been married for a year" Winston replied.

They answered almost all my questions but they never really made eye contact with me. I started walking around the castle and looking around since I hadn't had the chance before. It was bigger than I remembered, a lot of the rooms that I opened seemed to had not been touched in years and had cobwebs. I eventually found a library which was huge and had tons of books, I walked around the shelf looking at them and the titles. " Have you found one to interest you?" Winston said entering the room. " They look interesting but I don't think I can read these they look real time-consuming" I answered. "They have a lot of useful information though" he replied. " By the way where's your mom and your brothers?" I asked I hadn't seen them anywhere as I walked the hallways earlier and I would have thought Milan to be the one to come bring me back.