CHAPTER 17: Family

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

"So~ have decided on a name?" Rosalie said entering my office. "Yes, I have actually" I responded, we had barely had time to talk about anything other than the squadron. "So what you decide on?" She asked sitting on one of the chairs. "Lucius," I said writing it on a paper and showing her. "That's neat, I was just thinking you quickly came up with Shadow squadron for the team but had not thought of a name for your child," She said chuckling. "I actually thought of it a while ago I just hadn't told you" I answered. "Well, you have been really busy these past few days," She said peering over to the papers I was working on. "That reminds me I was gonna go check on the how the training are going," I said.

I went down to the training ground and walked around until I noticed Frederick sitting on a nearby bench as he watched them. "Did you finish your lessons for the day?" I asked as I approached him. "No, I still have another one later, but Winston said he'll come to get me when the tutor gets here," He said looking up at me and moving a bit so I can sit next to him. "Oh, how are you getting along with him?" I asked taking a seat, he shrugged his shoulders and leaned on me. "Mom, can I train too?" He asked snuggling closer to me. "Why would you want to train?" I said looking down at him putting my arms around him. "So I can protect you and the baby," he said.

"Sweetie, you don't need to worry about that You and the baby will have guards with you at all times so you don't have to worry about anything" I responded, the idea of Frederick ever having to fight was unbearable. "But what if something happens and the guards can't get to us on time" he continued. "Just worry about your lessons, for now, we'll talk about this further when you get older" I replied trying to reassure him. "Ma'am you got visitors," A guard said with a bow. "I'll meet with them in the throne room," I said standing up. "Can I come?" Frederick asked holding on to my hand. "Yeah, come on," I said holding him as we made our way to the throne room.

Almost as soon as we arrived at the room the guest came in. "Naeva! You have no idea how hard its been to get in contact with you..." my mother said as soon as she entered the room with my father. "You should have told the guards your names, I would've greeted you at the entrance," I said walking to greet them. "Are you... pregnant? Rosalie didn't tell us any of this" my mother said putting her hand on my belly. "Yeah, so how you both been?" I asked as Frederick shyly hid behind me. "We've been worried sick about you, the moment we heard of Owens death we tried to come to see you," my mother said grabbing my hands.

"... Worried sick? Yet it's not till now you two finally arrive. After what? Six months!" I responded pulling my hands away. My face felt hot and I could feel my eyes start to water. "Naeva, sweetie please calm down. Your mother and I have been trying to come to see you but it's difficult entering the forest let alone finding the castle" my father said putting his hand on my shoulder. "Yet Cornelius and Rosalie had no issue getting here" I responded wiping my face. "We're sorry sweetie, we really are but we're here now right?" my mom said walking closer to me. "A bit too late don't you think. Tell me why are you here?" I asked looking towards Frederick whose presence hadn't even been acknowledged by them.

"We came to see you..." my mother said following my gaze towards Frederick. "Well, you've seen me. Now, I apologize but I'll have to excuse myself, I have a meeting with the governors I have to attend. Since I know you two must be exhausted from your trip feel free to stay here for a few days" I said walking out of the room with Frederick close behind. " There you are Frederick, The tutor is waiting for you," Winston said walking up the stairs. "Right, See you mom," he said waving as he left to his lesson. "Were you crying? What happened?" Winston said as he got a closer look. "We have some guests. Have a maid prepare a room my parents are staying for a few days" I said as they caught up to me. Winston looked over at them and gave a slight bow before calling a maid to prepare the room.