CHAPTER 8: Alike

Location: Libero, Night Kingdom. 1863 -2 years after

Ages: Cornelius 20, Naeva 18, Owen 17, Rosalie 17.

During this time Owen had managed to get his house filled with fabrics provided by his aunt, his name in the fashion industry was well known to wealthy people since he made costume design. His designs were extravagant and were sought out mainly by the rich though he did work on a few designs that were more economic most of his winnings were from those custom made. Naeva would help him out if the orders piled up or if the dress was made of multiple parts, they had been working on an order of three dresses for a countess and her daughters since five in the morning working on the last details of the order.

"Naeva make sure to get groceries, while we're gone, and don't cause any trouble," My mom said they grabbed their bags. The Lightning Bolt Squadron was holding an event for the families, but I, of course, could not go since I got banned, I still think it was worth it. " Don't worry I'll be fine I have to help Owen with the orders anyway so I don't time to plan a prank" I said trying to reassure my mom. They worry like if they're going to return to a shattered house, I mean come on, I can't possibly cause that much damage right? They were gonna be gone for a month so they were pretty worried.

After they left I made my way to Owen's house, He was trying to finish an order of three dresses for a countess and I said I'll help him since there isn't much I can do apart from that. As for returning to the forest, I haven't yet made the decision of when to return and Owens busy schedule makes it difficult for me to tell him so he still doesn't know anything about it. I worked with him on those dresses the whole time, so getting into trouble should have been out of the question. I passed by the one morning to get groceries before going to Owen's and some of the town ladies were there gossiping as always.

"You shouldn't really be going to Owens house when your parents are out of town, Naeva" One of the ladies commented. "Why not? I get the groceries and help him with the dresses, so why shouldn't I?" I asked still looking for the stuff I needed. "You can't even cook, you have him cooking so are you really helping that poor boy," The other lady said looking at the stuff I was getting. I mean she wasn't wrong I'm terrible at making any sort of food, "Naeva, you should start shaping up or he won't marry you" One of the ladies said. "Excuse me, but Owen has agreed to do the cooking in our relationship, and about marriage you ladies shouldn't worry about it unless you guys willingly plan our wedding yourselves, that would help the busy schedule otherwise kindly stay out of the matter" I said while the Owner of the shopped chuckled and I paid for my stuff.

All I have to say people from small towns like Libero are scary quick, from the time I made my way to Owens house from the shop which wasn't even that far those ladies had already told everyone that I gave them permission to organize our wedding. I didn't hear anything about it till the afternoon when several of the neighbors came to knock on Owens door to congratulate us. Owen was confused on what they were congratulating him on but I quickly realized what they meant, and Obviously had to explain it. "Naeva? This is the third person that comes by and says congratulations did something happen?" Owen asked closing the door on the last person that evening. "Oh about that I... Um, it's a misunderstanding?" I said trying to think from where to start. " A misunderstanding? About?" Owen asked with a worried expression.

"I kinda sorta said something at the market this morning and now the town is organizing... our wedding, I'll go and clarify the misunderstanding though so don't worry" I replied, he looked at me and burst out laughing "Are you serious? Naeva this is hilarious" Owen said still laughing trying to contain his laughter. "Aha, so do I go clarify it or not?" I said trying not to laugh. "Well that's up to you, I'm willing to marry you any time of day," Owen said sitting next to me on the living room couch. "Are you sure? I mean today's event should be a warning for the future" I responded. "I'm sure, I would be bored to death without you next to me, plus remember our promise, I'll be there for you no matter what happens, that includes this too," Owen said with a sweet smile as he took a hold of my hands. "Alright, no backing out then," I said with a smile, he just laughed.