CHAPTER 6: Passing Time

Location: Libero, Night Kingdom, 1861 - 2 years after

Ages: Cornelius 18, Naeva 16, Owen 15, Rosalie 15.

The kids Owen used to talk to no longer really spoke to him but he didn't mind it Cornelius, Naeva, and Rosalie were more interesting and they seem to actually be interested in being friends with him, unlike the others who only became friends with him for other reasons. Naeva seemed to slowly become popular with the girls in the class but she didn't seem to get close to any of them, except for Rosalie who would talk to her once in a while about homework. She eventually joined them more frequently in their group of friends at the tree. "Any of you up for a race?" I asked standing up from the tree.

"You know I'm not a runner," Rosalie said fixing her hair, "I'll give it a shot, Bet I can beat you," Cornelius said walking towards the track. "How about you Owen?" I asked. "Sure," Owen said joining them, "Then Rosalie you say who wins," I said tying my hair back with my ribbon. It was two years since we had all first come to the tree together.

I still wasn't as fast as before but I was always trying to beat Owen, Cornelius actually joined us in our little races every now and then, though even he wasn't a match for Owen. "Owen wins, again," Rosalie said making her way back to the shade of the tree, she didn't like running or anything that required much physical activity. "Darn it, I thought I was gonna beat him this time," I said crossing the finish line and walking back with Rosalie. Cornelius sat down on the grass the moment he finished. He wasn't good with his stamina so he would get tired easily. " Yeah, I thought I was getting better too but it seems so has Owen," He said laughing and trying to catch his breath. Owen joined them on the grass and they rested for a bit. "Rosalie you mother is here," Milan said as he walked towards us "See, you guys," Rosalie answered as she got up and left.

"Naeva, aren't you gonna go say bye to your brother, you know he's leaving today," Milan said standing in front of us. "Yup, coming," I said getting up the rest followed, Oswald had finally been able to get in the Lightning Squadron and was heading off for the official training and unit assignment. Our parents were quite proud since it was difficult getting in, I still hoped to get into the team somehow. Cornelius, like Owen, didn't have wings so it never crossed his mind, he wanted to be a doctor following his father's profession and as for Rosalie, she wanted to teach so she has been assisting in the school. As for Owen, he was slowly getting into his aunts business in fashion design. He had already a few designs made for his aunt that were produced and sold. His parents didn't even know. They never really asked him anything about what he was doing or how he was doing.

After we finished saying bye to Oswald we went back for dinner to my house. Owen spent most of his time at my house trying to help or hanging out with me, My family really enjoy his company since always cleans up after any mess and would keep me out of trouble or so they thought. I still found many ways I can play tricks on my family or the townspeople. The townspeople in particularly were really easy to prank though they already knew me well.

Milan had brought back a flower from the forest, it's supposed to a poisonous flower, It didn't kill anyone just make then insane for a while, it had no effect me so I tried it on some townspeople since Cornelius and Owen refused to be my guinea pigs, I tried it on various people since it had a different effect on each one. The plant grew quickly and became hard to move without touching it so my parents couldn't take it away, Milan tried taking it back after many pleas from my parents but, let's just say it didn't go well. In order to distract me from using the plant, Milan suggested teaching me sword fighting. My parents were against it at first until they thought I would be too tired to think of new pranks, they thought wrong.

Location: Tiria, Lavine Kingdom

It was starting to get difficult for everyone to meet up together. Since Cornelius wanted to continue the family profession he began taking supplementary lessons so Rosalie would visit him in Tiria instead. She would wait for his lessons to end in his home keeping his mother company. "I'm back," Cornelius said hanging his coat and making his way to the living room to greet them. "Well, I'll leave you two. I need to visit my friends for tea" his mom said excusing herself of the room. "Of course," Rosalie said standing up and looking over towards Cornelius. "I thought you wouldn't be coming today?" Cornelius said walking up to her. "Naeva told me to check on you if I was going to Tiria to make sure you don't work yourself to death," Rosalie said chuckling.