Chapter 39: Intruder

Location: Canterlot, Lavine Kingdom 1888 - 1 year

Frederick: 31, Lucius: 25, Princeton: 23

Orisis: 3 Hadleigh: 2 ½ Alvin: 2, Nereus: 1

A year passed since then and the competition as planned became an annual thing. Because of this Princeton bought a house in Canterlot so they can stay there for the event and not have to stay as a guest in the Lavins castle. Cynthia hadn't been feeling well so she stayed at home while the others left to the competition that would last quite late. Princeton had taken Alvin to let her rest a bit with Isa staying behind to keep an eye on her. When they returned there seemed to have been a break in and Isa also seemed to be returning from the Pharmacy. Cynthia laid lifeless in the main entrance. Princeton rushed to her and tried t get her to respond but she was cold and didn't react. "Cynthia! Cynthia, wake up come on." Princeton said holding her in his arms. "I was only gone for a few minutes..." Isa said standing next to Wilkins with a face of disbelief. Princeton tried some minor healing spells he had learned in desperation but nothing happened. "Princeton, she's gone. No matter what you try now won't help," Frederick said seeing his brother grow more frustrated.

"Search the house," Princeton commanded the guards. "Mrs. Well's how long where you gone?" Lucius asked. "Not, long maybe thirty minutes," Isa answered. "Psy, we don't know if what we're dealing with if they're magic users they could be long gone by now," Lucius answered. "It doesn't matter I will find that bastard and make them pay," Princeton answered. Despite the efforts to search for the culprit no body was found, even the Shadow squadron helped search the city but with no idea for what exactly to look for it prove to be useless.

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

They returned to the Night Kingdom and had a burial ceremony for her. Princeton continued his daily routine but tried to practice search spells and keep the case in mind. Lucius had been coming to check up on him since the first day he seemed to be taking hard but he seemed to be getting back to his usual self. "Psy, can I help you with some work?" Lucius asked looking at the stack of work that didn't seem to end.

"If you want but I'm not sure how much that's actually done so, you're going to have to go through and check," he responded. "... You should organize them as you go," Lucius said grabbing part of the pile that had a mix of the worked paperwork and others that didn't even had his stamp. "Good idea, you can do that," Princeton answered tossing more paperwork on the pile. "Where's Ric?" Lucius asked. "Priscilla asked me to keep him from coming to the forest for a while, so the guards have been stopping him, and I mean he deserves it right," he responded. "I guess he deserves a vacation but, why block entree?" Lucius asked. "Because he's too damn stubborn alright," Princeton answered. "... Yeah, he is. How are you and Alvin holding up?" Lucius asked. "Alvin is fine he learned his first magic spell already, though now we can't get him to stop using it," Princeton answered. "And you?" he asked. "Me? I'm fine, you know I thought about it. It was stupid for me to get so attached you know, especially knowing how many people are against me. So yeah, I'm perfect actually." Princeton answered.

"It doesn't sound like it, you know I can always come to stay with Sitara and Orisis to come to keep you company for a while if you need someone here, even if it is to help with Alvin," Lucius suggested. "Lu, I'm fine I promise I have plenty of company already. Plus the last time you almost moved in mom died..." Princeton said stopping himself. "...Psy, I'm just worried alright. As your brother this is really concerning and despite what you say both Ric and I will be here to help out alright," Lucius answered. "Yeah, I know and sorry about what I said but I really am alright," Princeton answered. "Though I don't believe you, I'll pretend that you are doing alright," Lucius said starting to organize the paperwork for him. "Then mind finishing that I made plans with some of the maids earlier," Princeton answered standing up. "Um, well I'll organize them for you but I don't know this type of paperwork so I can't be much help but sure," Lucius answered. "Sounds good," Princeton said patting him on the back as he walked out of the office.

As he walked down the corridor he heard someone walking behind him he continued and stepped into a room quickly and waited behind the door for the person to walk past but the steps faded and the more time he spent behind the door the sillier he felt. Just as he was going to step out he felt a chill run down his spine. "Never been good at hiding have you?" Hyacinth said standing next to him. "You're not the girl I made plans with, who are you?" Princeton asked getting a good look at her. "Hyacinth, and though it's quite true I'm not the one you summoned I deserve to have some of your most valuable time don't you think?" she asked closing the door. "...Kinda like where this is going but tell me Hyacinth why have I not seen you here before?" Princeton asked. "Oh now, Princeton don't get your hopes up I didn't wake up just for this alright. I came to let Ricky now of the forest instability but seeing how you won't let Ricky come in and little Luci probably won't know what do I have come to tell you, dear, Princy~" Hyacinth said.

"Princeton? Princy? I'm sorry but I didn't think we were near being informal with another, and what is this about telling my older brothers before me? How do you know of this instability and lastly who exactly are you?" Princeton asked. "Wow, I feel honored. I'm the first women you asked that much information before sleeping with her. Now to answer your questions, One, I can call you whatever I want alright Princy. Two, I simply know Ricky better and as for Luci though I don't know him personally he has a better appeal or at least Helen thinks so. And three, You don't need to know, that information is not necessary for you to know just be aware that the forest magic has grown unstable with the lack of a Guardian and though I can help it's only a matter of time before I get trapped again, so good luck with that knowledge King of Shadows." Hyacinth answered. "Then what can I do to balance it?" Princeton asked. "Ah no, no more question I refuse to answer more," Hyacinth answered.

"Why?" Princeton asked confused. "That's another question Princy, Say both you and Ricky love to ask so much just accept my answer and don't think too much alright," Hyacinth answered. "But now I'm confused, besides what's the point in closing the door if you said I can't expect nothing" Princeton answered. "I don't like people, so anyway I should get going now, take care" Hyacinth answered disappearing leaving him even more confused she was clearly an avian and the only know avian to be able to perform magic was his mom so how did she use magic. Princeton stepped out of the room and immediately bumped into Ingrid "Sir, you should be working in your office not playing hide and seek." she said. " It's fine Lu is doing it, but say you know all the workers in the castle have we hired more people recently?" Princeton asked.

"No, but we have recruited more members for the squadron, why?" she responded. "what do you know of Hyacinth?" he asked. "Um sir, I'm a commander, not a flower expert, but I am very well aware that your brother really hates it. Whenever he loses something he murmurs hyacinth or he curses the name, it was great so one time he tripped and he was like fuck you hyacinth as I had never seen him that angry before you know. Anyway at first I thought it was like a new curse word by the young people but he's the only one that uses it so then I figure oh he probably just hates the flower so I got him one and he looked at it disgusted and was like what the fuck I don't need to see that Ingrid get rid of it so yeah he hates it," She responded. "... my brother, are you referring to Ric or Lu?" Princeton asked. "Prince Frederick, it would be rather weird and worrisome to hear Prince Lucius be so angry," Ingrid responded. "Well Ingrid, let me tell you something this Hyacinth I'm talking about is a girl, not a plant and from the looks of it, Ric is very well acquainted with her," Princeton answered. "Aren't you funny, people don't easily get past me, I would have known of this said person if there was such," she responded.

"Your right, then I might be hallucinating... wait no Ric knows her we can't possibly have the same hallucination, you know what tell the guards to allow Ric's entry again I need to figure this out." Princeton answered. "Yes, sir" Ingrid saluted not wanting to question much of what he mentioned.