Chapter 32: Frederick

Location: Obscurity Forest, Night Kingdom

Priscilla stayed back for a few more days to try to get to know Frederick more since she kind of figured he wouldn't be going to Tiria to visit her anytime soon. "Can't you take a short break? You said we'd take a stroll around the garden," Priscilla said standing by the offices entrance. "Yeah, Sorry I'm almost done," Frederick said still focused on the paperwork. Priscilla sighed and crossed her arms. "You said that two hours ago," she answered walking out. Frederick looked and watched her leave before continuing his work. "Sir, don't you think you should spend some time with her?" Ingrid asked walking in. "I have work to finish, she knows that." Frederick answered. "But she's your fiance and I can bet that you don't even know the basics about her like what her favorite color is or her favorite flower. Say I'll work on this for the of the day and you go on ahead and take that stroll with her." Ingrid said taking the paperwork from the table.

"I can finish on my own" Frederick said setting his pen down. "Yeah, but you also have other things to do like I don't know get to know your six-year fiance, now go on," Ingrid said pushing him out of the office. "Fine alright, but if you have trouble with the paperwork let me know," Frederick said as she was closing the door. "Don't worry, I helped your mother with these. Do you forget who taught you how to do this work?" Ingrid responded chuckling finally closing the door before Frederick can respond. Now he had to try to find Priscilla, He decided to ask some of the castle workers since they seemed to always be fully aware of what everything in the castle and they directed him to the garden. Priscilla was sitting down on one of the benches softly kicking dirt around.

"Should we get going on that stroll?" Frederick asked making his way towards her. "I thought you said you were busy," Priscilla responded not even turning to look at him. "I am, but I also promised to spend time with you," Frederick answered. "Oh, I'm glad you remembered that," Priscilla responded. " I know you're mad and I'm sorry okay, but I just have a lot of work and you should know that already alright," Frederick continued. "Either way you should take a break or depend on others more," she responded. "I can't depend on many people to do this job as for a break that can set me back a lot of work so that's not an option sorry," Frederick answered. "I feel like your just overcomplicating things for yourself," she answered. "Look I don't have all day to argue on this are we going on a stroll or not?" Frederick responded.

"Well you clearly don't want to spend time with me to go back to what you were doing I'm going up to the library," she responded and stood up from the bench and walked away. "Priscilla, no wait sorry I didn't mean that. Look I truly am sorry okay, I'll spend the rest of the day today and tomorrow with you." Frederick answered. "Won't you get set back on the work?" Priscilla asked seeing Frederick a bit reluctant. "I'll have Ingrid help me, I just don't want you to stay mad during your visit here with our wedding drawing so near, so what do you say about spending these days with me?" Frederick asked stretching out his hand with the staff watching intently through the windows of the castle.

"Very well, but I don't want the guards distracting you coming to tell you about work then," Priscilla answered trying to negotiate. "But I need to updated on things like these," Frederick said with his hand still stretched out. Priscilla turned away from it "Then forget it," Priscilla answered. Frederick lowered his arm and starting to think about how he could convince her but he wasn't sure how. He walked in front of her and took her hand "Alright, I promise. I'll put Ingrid in charge for a while then," Frederick said. The workers at the window couldn't hear the conversation between them but they continue watching. "See it's not so hard getting along with me," Priscilla said putting her other hand on his face.

Meanwhile, Frederick was thinking who else he could trust to help him the work. "...Yeah, I suppose, I might need to call Wilkins or Cornelius to come help. But then If I call Cornelius and the last time he helped Ingrid didn't go so well..." Frederick said. "What? Are seriously talking about work right after our conversation," Priscilla asked glaring at him. "Ah, sorry. I just need to make sure it gets done then I'll dedicate my time to you okay," Frederick said taking her hand off his cheek and walking back to the castle to tell Ingrid of the plan. When he walked into the castle the workers ran to his side. "You are so romantic sir," one of the younger maids said. "Your fiance is a lucky girl to be marrying the Prince of peace from our kingdom," Another said. Frederick to concentrated just kept walking. While the workers just watched him walk by "he's so dedicated too" another said as Priscilla walked in.

"What are you gawking at?" Priscilla asked walking towards them as they followed Frederick with their eyes. "Ma'am! Uh, we were just thinking how lovely you and our Prince look together." one jumped before they all took a bow. "Oh, is that so. Well, then what else." Priscilla asked pleased with their previous answer.

"Ingrid, I'm going to need you to work on the paperwork until tomorrow, you are welcome to call Wilkins or Cornelius for help," Frederick said. "Oh, why are you going on a trip? Sir as your leading commander I need to be aware of these things," Ingrid said standing up from his chair. "... No, you said to get to know Priscilla so I'm going to spend my next days with her, so I need someone to take over the work. Also with the second commander we just promoted I'm sure you can help me out here," Frederick said. "Yes, sir," Ingrid said saluting. "But if anything majorly imported comes up please tell me right away," Frederick said. "Ah don't worry I got it," Ingrid said plopping down on the chair.

Location: Terrana, Night Kingdom

They went to the shops in the Terrana, though he brought some guards they stayed at a distance. The people would approach them since Frederick was known for being quite friendly and liked to know the people. Priscilla didn't seem to have much of a problem about it, after all, it was a way of getting to know him. "Is there a shop you were hoping to visit," Frederick asked. "Not particularly and you," Priscilla answered. "No, how about decor for the wedding?" Frederick asked. "Nellie and I already took care of that," Priscilla answered looking around to see if she could see any interesting nearby stores. "Can we look for a house instead? Tiria is quite far from the forest and Terrana is just here so it would be easy for you to go back and forth to work since you did mention about us not living in the Castle," Priscilla said. "A house? Right, you want Terrana? There are Litayo and Libero as well," Frederick said. "Yeah but Terrana is also close to Wiseo's where they were talking about opening the new Whirling designs branch" Priscilla answered. "Good point, so it benefits both of us," Frederick said.

The rest of the day they were house shopping around Terrana, they ended finding one that Priscilla liked and was quite spacious. Almost as soon as they married Priscilla moved there, Frederick would travel a lot due to work he had only moved things he needed there. He had some guards around the house as well. Nellie visited often since she didn't want Priscilla to feel alone and with Lucius slowly taking over the other half of the company she was getting less to worry about business wise.